Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His cousin was killed in a car wreck UPDATE found out what happened

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 20 Replies

I call my boyfriend at 5:30 every morning.  He's out of town on a job (has been for 2 1/2 weeks now).  Well, he got a message while he was on the phone with me telling him that one of his cousins, a man he was very close to, was killed in a head-on collision.  I don't have any details other than that at the moment, and my boyfriend was in tears when we got off the phone.  I have no idea how he's going to cope with this, and I feel terrible for him and his family. :(

Please send prayers and good wishes and thoughts in his direction.  This breaks my heart for him. :(

I'm still not sure exactly WHEN it happened, but his cousin was passing a semi, and when he tried to merge back into his lane (two-way highway) his back bumper clipped the semi and it flipped his truck.  My boyfriend said he doesn't know if T. J. was wearing his seat belt, but he was killed instantly.  My boyfriend is heading back to Louisiana (from Missouri) tomorrow to be with his family until the middle-end of next week.  I wish I could be there with him, but we're in Corpus Christi, and even if I could take my daughter out of school, my van would never make it that far. :(

He's been calling me off and on throughout the day, because, (and I quote), "Baby, you can talk with the best of them, and if anyone can make me smile and distract me from the pain, it's you."  It's nice to know I'm helping, but I hurt for him.  His boss and a few fellow co-workers are going to take him out tonight and get him drunk at the bar next door to his hotel.  I'm just hoping it helps, and he's ok on his drive back tomorrow. :(

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daltensmommy88
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Sending prayers yalls way. Sorry for yalls loss.

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. :(

Quoting Daltensmommy88:

Sending prayers yalls way. Sorry for yalls loss.

CafeMom Tickers
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry.

Sending good thoughts.
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I am so sorry for his loss! I lost my Uncle in a car accident when I was 16. The driver of the other car happened to be a 16 year old girl who was texting. It was devastating, so I can imagine how he feels.

ProudMommy51006
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers sent
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I nearly lost my mom to a train when i was twelve, so I have a very strong fear of car accidents.  (Probably why I try so hard to drive safe.)  We don't know what happened with his cousin yet.  All Buddy told me was that his Aunt messaged him on FB and mentioned it was a head-on collision.  I'm monitoring news reports from back home hoping something turns up.  I hate this for him and his family.  He and his cousin were very close. :(

Quoting k9l1c5:

I am so sorry for his loss! I lost my Uncle in a car accident when I was 16. The driver of the other car happened to be a 16 year old girl who was texting. It was devastating, so I can imagine how he feels.

CafeMom Tickers
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Car accidents scare me too :(. They can take someone from you in an instant. I hope you guys can find out what happened soon, prayers for all of you.

Quoting Red_Tempest:

I nearly lost my mom to a train when i was twelve, so I have a very strong fear of car accidents.  (Probably why I try so hard to drive safe.)  We don't know what happened with his cousin yet.  All Buddy told me was that his Aunt messaged him on FB and mentioned it was a head-on collision.  I'm monitoring news reports from back home hoping something turns up.  I hate this for him and his family.  He and his cousin were very close. :(

Quoting k9l1c5:

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Thank you.  I hope we do, too.  He just sent me a text saying he loves me, and I asked him how he's holding up. He said he's got his game face on for work, but will probably lose it when he gets back to the hotel tonight.  I feel so horrible for him.  He's goign to call me later...I may not be there pysically, but he knows I love him, and even if we don't talk, I'll still be "there" for him however I can. :(

Quoting k9l1c5:

Car accidents scare me too :(. They can take someone from you in an instant. I hope you guys can find out what happened soon, prayers for all of you.

Quoting Red_Tempest:

Quoting k9l1c5:

CafeMom Tickers
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'm so sorry :-( saying a prayer for him and his family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Thank you. :(

Quoting OBImomma:

I'm so sorry :-( saying a prayer for him and his family

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)