Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you worry about weird things on Halloween?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Top 8 Reasons Halloween Is Hell on a Helicopter Parent

by Jenny Erikson

Ah, Halloween ... the holiday where we throw conventional wisdom out the window and encourage our kids to wander the streets at night and take candy from strangers. Gotta love it!

Unless you’re a helicopter parent, of course. Then Halloween is probably your living nightmare.

Here are the top eight reasons Halloween is hell on helicopter parents:

Hypothermia

Your child doesn't want to wear a coat over her fairy princess tutu. She's obviously going to get hypothermia or frostbite at the very least.

Poisoned Candy

There's poison in that chocolate. You just know it. Maybe not, but there could be, and that's basically the same.

Offensive Costumes

Your baby might be scarred for life after a night of skeery skeletons, zombies, witches, and monsters. No no no, we do not smile at Death!

Burglars Casing Your Joint

Those tricky parents following their little ones around from house to house are really cat burglars in disguise. Be especially aware if they make any small-talk comments like "nice house."

Kidnappers

What kid wouldn't be lured by a shady stranger with candy on Halloween? Especially one in a 1950s costume that matches her own?

Slutty Outfits

That's it. Your daughter is going to end up on 16 & Pregnant -- and it will all be because she was exposed to floozie ghosts in skimpy costumes on the last day of October.

Hazards

Those jack-o-lanterns are smiling, but you know that two terrified little boys are trapped inside those gourds. The pumpkins are stuck on their heads for life!

Accidents

Frickin' crazy drivers out there ... you know they're not paying attention to trick-or-treaters at all!

Do you worry about weird things on Halloween?

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Judging by this article, I'm not a helicopter parent.

Do I worry about my kids and their well being? Of course. But overly worrying about everything won't do anyone any good.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I worry the most about people driving through the neighborhood and people not paying attention to the kids trick or treating. Don't really worry about the rest on this list.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quoting Courtney610:

Judging by this article, I'm not a helicopter parent.

Do I worry about my kids and their well being? Of course. But overly worrying about everything won't do anyone any good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN