Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How did your husband/fiance propose?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my husband asking me to be his wife <3 He asked me to marry him (for the second time, the first time he proposed it was a spur of the moment thing and he didn't have a ring) on Halloween!

I can't believe we're celebrating 10 years of marriage in 5 months, I still feel like we just met. Time flies when you're having fun =) 

How did your guy ask you to marry him?

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bossmrsz
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

we were watching bridezilla(well i was watching he was laughing) and he said i hope you dont act like that and i said i wont cause i dont want a wedding or anything big and he siad so when u wanna get married:)  i'm not into doing traditional things.. i like to plan things not be surprised..4years dating we were going to get married june 2011 but i want to get married on our 5th annaversay and he agreed:) 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Congrats on your "anniversary"! My fiance said, hey do you wanna get married someday? Lol. Wasn't much of a real proposal. I told him I want a real one before we get married. We've been together for 5 years.

cleigh717
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

actually me and my dh met on halloween, so it a kind of anniversary for us too. he proposed to me officially with a ring sporatically in front of his family and . . . it was so sweet, but caught me too off guard. it was around labor day when he proposed. i am just glad he got down on one knee. he was so excited about it, he told my mom and showed her my ring first. i love that man of mine. :) 

Ashley.Rae
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Mine pissed me off!!

Literally, he was doing everything he could to annoy me, poking and buggin me.. (Like pinning me on the bed and licking my face!! Ew!!) And just as I was getting ready to explode he decided to get in the shower.. I was pissed! So I stood in the bathroom bitching and he peeked around the shower curtain and said "I love you Ashley Rae, Will you marry me?" And I was so mad, I was like like "uhm.. What? ........... Aren't you supposed to be on one knee or something??" So he got outta the shower, ran over to the bed, still naked and dripping wet, hopped on the bed, got on one knee, and asked me again "Will you marry me Ashley?" ......... Obviously I said yes.... I was pretty mad though.... His theory, if he makes me mad and I still said yes to marrying him, he knows we'll get through anything.
pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM
DH and I met at a Halloween party at his house 7 years ago.
Our decision to get married was made during a phone conversation. His accept a transfer within his company to another state and they
gave him 4 months notice. Then a week later he was told he had 30 days to move. We had to rent a house without ever actually seeing it. Pickings were pretty slim. But we found a house we loved and could afford, we got a call from the property manager saying it was in a neighborhood that required renters to be legal family (married). We didn't have time to find another house, so we got married. He said he was planning on asking me once we got settled in anyways.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My proposal was nothing special.

He had just finishEd changing his oil, and he smelled like oil. I told him not to hug me until he showered and changed. He said he had to do something first. He asked me to marry him. I said yes, then told him to shower so we could celebrate! Lol
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, one week from today is our 10th anniversary!

You're right. Time does fly when you are having fun!

Quoting Courtney610:

My proposal was nothing special.

He had just finishEd changing his oil, and he smelled like oil. I told him not to hug me until he showered and changed. He said he had to do something first. He asked me to marry him. I said yes, then told him to shower so we could celebrate! Lol
shellybird
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:51 PM

He hid a Easter basket and had me look for it.  (I hid one too, so no big deal right?)  When I grabbed it, it was wrapped in tissue paper.  There was a card on it, as I started reading it I thought, "boy did he buy me a Valentine card that was on sale by mistake".  When I got to the bottom of the card he said there one more thing written in it, he flipped it over and it said, "will you marry me".  He uncovered the basket and there was a stuffed bunny wearing the ring around his paws.  He got down on his knee and asked me :)

dgrl2007
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Well we had just moved into our home and my husband tied the ring around our little dogs neck, he told me he thought he had a tick so asked if I would look. BOOM found then ring, he got down on one knee and proposed. I was estatic, it was so unexpected!

deenzarees_mom2
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
we just moved in our home and I was about 3months preg... we were unpacking at about 3Am he must hve forgot he put the ring in a suitcase so he opened the suitcase I saw a zales bag I was so overwhelmed I balled up and began to cry when I turned to look at him he was on his knee I said yes of course one of the happiest days of my life even though that was not how he wanted to propose
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)