Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Closer connections

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:02 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am looking for any other moms that want to have possibility of actual friendships via texting, email or possibily even meeting in person. Anyone else feel the same?

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM

What area do you live in? You could maybe start by finding a group that is for your local area. I have met a few friends on CM that I wouldn't mind meeting in person, but didn't really go looking for these friendships. They just happened.

LoveJoy9563
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I live in Meadville, Pa. Its more rural so not much opportunity for group meetings. There is one at my church but the mothers all have older kids and mine is 2 months and I'm only 25 myself so I get "oh just you wait" or "been there done that move on" It got annoying so I stopped going and now I miss having that slight connection.

Quoting k9l1c5:

What area do you live in? You could maybe start by finding a group that is for your local area. I have met a few friends on CM that I wouldn't mind meeting in person, but didn't really go looking for these friendships. They just happened.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I would love another online/phone buddy. I'm in Florida so a meeting wouldn't really work lol.

LoveJoy9563
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Yeah I agree lol.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I would love another online/phone buddy. I'm in Florida so a meeting wouldn't really work lol.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Ugh yeah that is annoying when you get comments like that. I am in PA too, but in South Central PA. I'm not sure how far that is from where you are. There is a PA moms group on here, maybe someone in your area will be in there?

Join us in the Pennsylvania Moms group.

Quoting LoveJoy9563:

I live in Meadville, Pa. Its more rural so not much opportunity for group meetings. There is one at my church but the mothers all have older kids and mine is 2 months and I'm only 25 myself so I get "oh just you wait" or "been there done that move on" It got annoying so I stopped going and now I miss having that slight connection.

Quoting k9l1c5:

LoveJoy9563
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I am already of member of at group too. And its basically the same, People from pa but no one close to my city/ area. Just increases my feeling of being alone

Quoting k9l1c5:

Ugh yeah that is annoying when you get comments like that. I am in PA too, but in South Central PA. I'm not sure how far that is from where you are. There is a PA moms group on here, maybe someone in your area will be in there?

Quoting LoveJoy9563:

Quoting k9l1c5:

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM

That sucks :(. I looked up Meadville, PA to me and we are like 4 and a half hours away from each other! I have heard meetup.com you can find some moms in your area, but I have never tried that website. There is also this link to look for moms on cafemom that you might be able to find some: Search for moms.

Quoting LoveJoy9563:

I am already of member of at group too. And its basically the same, People from pa but no one close to my city/ area. Just increases my feeling of being alone

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting LoveJoy9563:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN