Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

stubborness problem mainly (with.daddy)

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
I really should just let this go... but it really kind of irritates me!!

My dh has been on a party kick all of a sudden that I think is dumb in the first place... well my roommate is celebrating his birthday tonight (hub is 23, me 24, rm is 25 now) at a friends. whig whatever if he want to go get s***Faced its whatever as long as he doesn't come home like that.

Our roommate invited us both, but we have a three month old son.... my issue is OBVIOUSLY Im not going to bring him (rm's suggestion *eye cool*) and I don't feel like its really appropriate to ask a.family member to babysit just so we can go to a PARTY. but.... I also don't want it assumed that I'm not going and dh gets to.

its dumb and immature of me to even care.. because I can't really drink (bfing) and I don't really want to go (I do... but I don't idk) but it bugs me no end that >l< can't go because >l< apparently crawled on top of myself and made a kid (whom I love dearly and in no way is this frustration at him or because I have him.)

I told dh he either doesn't need to go (its at someone's house that doesn't like him and he works tomorrow) or HE needs to be proactive in finding a babysitter because I'm not the only one responsible for that. either that or they need to all find a ride (its my car that I pay for and I get to drive it one day a week)

should I just stop being a brat and just let it go? Its not about the event or my son. its about the fact that dh doesn't seem to take the same responsibility when it comes to my son's care and this partying thing is not sitting well. coming home to relax with a cold one is understandable going put and leaving your wife and son home every night is not good. Plus I need some me time too!! (Not to party!! but is I'm not working I have my son which is ok. but we all need a little me time)

Ugg I don't know if this is coming across in any other way than me throwing a fit because I don't get to go... It really isn't that its the concept. should I just let him go and hush since I really don't care or what?? I just want him to realize that our son is just as much his responsibility as he is mine!!)
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I don't think your request are unreasonable at all.

ajohnson08099
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Thank you
Rotorkitty
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I've felt the same way before. Just have to sit them down and talk with them. Sometimes it takes a few times but I do get the me time thing. And we as mothers always see the responsibility more than fathers do. Hopefully it clicks in his head soon. I did have to threaten mine that he had a choice, either partying or his family. He made the right decision. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I wish I knew what to say on this matter. But my husband was never really a party going and if he did drink it was at home with me. And with him helping with our daughter was never an issue either. 

But yes it sounds like you need to have a sit down and you are right you both had the child together and he is your responsibility. My mother in law is usually our sitter if it something important for us to do. And she has only watched her 4 to 5 times. 

ajohnson08099
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Oh well I stayed home and he left.
xcrystal88
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

hes your husband! he shouldnt want to go to a party without you ever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)