Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

new to this!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 23, I have a 4 month old, beatiful baby boy. My boyfriend moved away for work half way across the country when he was 3 weeks old. its been a lot of work adjusting to parenthood (although I LOVE IT) but it does get pretty lonely!
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
georgiamomma92
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM

i know the feeling. my daughter is 17 months and my husband works nights and it sucks. :/

emommy24811
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Congats on the newborn! I have a 20 month old and my husband is gone by the time we wake up in the morning. So by night, you can imagine how tired he is to do anything. Either though he's there, sometimes it can be lonely.

mommytocruz713
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yeah that does suck! Are you a stay at home mom or do you work also?? I'm struggling right now with my job. I really don't feel comfortable with day care. I'd love to stay at home to spend as much time with my son as possible..

Quoting georgiamomma92:

i know the feeling. my daughter is 17 months and my husband works nights and it sucks. :/

mommytocruz713
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Thank you!
It can be pretty exhausting for us mommys doing it all day. and in your situation I'm sure by night time your husband is just as tired!

Quoting emommy24811:

Congats on the newborn! I have a 20 month old and my husband is gone by the time we wake up in the morning. So by night, you can imagine how tired he is to do anything. Either though he's there, sometimes it can be lonely.

JulietteM23
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice to meet you! Congrats on the new baby :) I'm Juliette i'm 22 and married with a 20 month old son. I get lonely too due to my husbands work schedule as well, so I know how you feel...sort of!
emommy24811
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, but I dont want to give him a hard time because it's something he has to do for us, you know? in love

sparkles9009
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

22 yrs old here...

I have a 3 yr old son and my SO has 2 kids 7 yrs and 20 months

It does get crazy! Are you a sahm? or working?

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Hey, there. Welcome!
BMAI
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice to meet you! I'm Brooke, 20 and I've been married since I was 18. We have a 14 month old daughter that never sits still! And I am due with our second daughter in less than 4 weeks!:) I know the feeling of being lonely my husband was in the military the first two years we were together. It was very tough on our relationship when he went to Iraq for 8 months. But it made us a very strong and enduring couple! So keep your head up! If you ever need someone to talk to. Feel free to message me.
PYTmary
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM
I struggled with my job as well. I was recruiter for a staffing agency and the work hours were very demanding. The only time I spent with my precious little one was when I would put her to sleep. I wasn't happy and I just made the decision to leave. I took a few days to crunch the numbers and made sure I had enough saved up of course. :)

The paychecks were nice, but I don't regret making the decision to leave at all. Best decision ever.

Quoting mommytocruz713:

Yeah that does suck! Are you a stay at home mom or do you work also?? I'm struggling right now with my job. I really don't feel comfortable with day care. I'd love to stay at home to spend as much time with my son as possible..

Quoting georgiamomma92:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN