Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surely I'm Not The Only One.....

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 17 Replies
I don't need negativity, I need to hear from people that understand what I'm feeling, take your judgement elsewhere. I'm bored! I'm so bored, and I'm afraid it's going to start effecting my family if I don't figure something out soon. I'm a stay at home mom, and a nursing student, and lately I've been feeling like something is missing. I clean, I cook, I play, and take care of my kids... I do everything I'm supposed to do, and everybody seems to be happy but me. I don't know what I want. I have an awesome husband (even though he does have his moments), and anything else I could ask for, what's my problem? My husband thinks I'm having a quarter life crisis.
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM
You have already said what your problem is: you are bored. unfulfilled. start small and find a hobby.
kamaira
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

quarter life crisis?lol idk about that but you're definitely not alone. I get sooooooo bored to. So I try for more social interaction, play groups, story time at different libraries, just trying to do more stuff in things. But I have days sometimes weeks when I feel bored like i should be could be doing something else. I'm not married but I think I need to find  a hobby outside of being a mom something i can do thats appropriate but that I can use as a temporary excape. I suggest you do the same

chelsielove2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Lol, yes he thought he was funny when he called it a quarter life crisis. Social interaction with people my owmn age is definitely lacking, it just feels like there isn't any time for it.

Quoting kamaira:

quarter life crisis?lol idk about that but you're definitely not alone. I get sooooooo bored to. So I try for more social interaction, play groups, story time at different libraries, just trying to do more stuff in things. But I have days sometimes weeks when I feel bored like i should be could be doing something else. I'm not married but I think I need to find  a hobby outside of being a mom something i can do thats appropriate but that I can use as a temporary excape. I suggest you do the same

kamaira
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM

how old are your kids?

Quoting chelsielove2:

Lol, yes he thought he was funny when he called it a quarter life crisis. Social interaction with people my owmn age is definitely lacking, it just feels like there isn't any time for it.

Quoting kamaira:

chelsielove2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM

They are 1 and 3.

Quoting kamaira:

how old are your kids?

Quoting chelsielove2:

Quoting kamaira:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yep. Make some time for you, you deserve it.

Quoting TempestRayne:

You have already said what your problem is: you are bored. unfulfilled. start small and find a hobby.
hydrangea321
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I was feeling that way not to long ago, and I started making cloth diapers, and it felt good to make something that was uesful and it was rather fulfilling. Finding something to do thats a little challenging and you can quickly put down helped me a lot.
mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Staying at home makes anyone crazy. You need a hobby.

I'm an emt with my rescue squad and my county is 100% volunteer for fire and ems. I've been off for the last year, and have my first shift on Saturday.
noahsmommy919
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Reconsider whether nursing and being a stay at home mommy is what you want to do. I kept failing my classes when I was going for nursing and realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. If you can get a job do that, sometimes its nice to be around people who aren't family.

Another thing, pray, sometimes what we're missing his God. Being a Christian is so filling because you know God loves you and you aren't alone.

chelsielove2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Oh no I absolutely love going to school.  I make straight A's and could absolutely kick myself for not doing it when I was younger.  Going to school is almost the only opportunity I get to be around people my age (maybe a little younger ;) ).  I'm also going to school to ensure that I could take care of my kids on my own if anything were ever to happen to my husband, so that is an absolute must for me.  I pray all the time, wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Quoting noahsmommy919:

Reconsider whether nursing and being a stay at home mommy is what you want to do. I kept failing my classes when I was going for nursing and realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. If you can get a job do that, sometimes its nice to be around people who aren't family.

Another thing, pray, sometimes what we're missing his God. Being a Christian is so filling because you know God loves you and you aren't alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)