Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

mommy care package?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies! :)

I have a friend that lives 3 hours away, she just had a baby about 2 months ago. They are both.doing pretty good but she had to have a c section due to medical issues, not what she wanted at all but best for her and baby. She is ebf with him and is getting slightly frustrated because he spits up a lot. She knows it is not her fault but due to those things she has fallen behind on house work and laundry (or so she thinks, even without those complications it happens to the best of us, right?). She posted on Facebook yesterday asking if anyone would mind coming over to
.help her out with a little housework or laundry. I wish we were closer because id love to help her out so much.

I thought about throwing together a care package.though, with things to.cheer her up, and also things that might make cleaning a little easier, like antibacterial wipes for wiping down counter tops. Or even furniture polish wipes.
what is something you have found that makes things easier on you? Or something you would have liked or appreciated?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenziesmom22
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Poor girl! C-sections are rough, I had an emergency c-section with my daughter back in Feb when she got stuck and her heart rate kept going down. Definitely not what I had in mind, I had planned to deliver at the midwives birthing center in a tub and instead was rushed to the hospital. Afterwards, I could barely get out of bed without being in such pain. For the first 2 weeks I had someone who did all the house work for me, so she shouldn't feel bad that she has fallen behind! I think sending a care package is a good idea, maybe even throw in a few things she may not have expected to have ready like extra burp cloths for spit up so she doesn't have to wash them as often, cleaning products like you said, a book or magazine for when she's laying around & can't sleep maybe, some lanolin was the best present I received! There were so many little things for the baby I also realized I needed after she was born and couldn't get out to get them very easily. Maybe you should ask her if she got everything she needed.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM

That is so sweet of you! I think the wipes are a great idea!

MMerrill
by Melissa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That sounds like a great idea!  I would throw in something cute for the baby and something nice for her like some nail polish and bath soaks so she can relax, maybe a CD of a singer she likes.  Most CD's are only 10 bucks at Walmart.  

You could do a gift card to eat somewhere, to cut her a break from having to cook, or throw in a snack for her to much on!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Do you know if she might be into babywearing at all? It might still be too soon for her, but when she gets to feeling like she can get up and get back to the housework after she has healed, she might like a Ring Sling or a Moby Wrap or something since she is nursing. I have heard it is pretty easy to nurse while baby is in the sling or wrap, so then she would be able to do that and get her stuff done as well :). There are DIY tutorials on how to make your own Moby Wrap too that are much cheaper than buying one, and might be more personal.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM

gift cards to grocery stores.

Jlu88
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I know. She is such a worry wart though, she hates falling behind. And she is a little ocd so she likes to be on top of things. I've tried to tell her it's not that big a deal. I loved your ideas though, I think she may have a Moby, I'll have to see. I want to keep it a suprise, because last time I told her ones sending stuff I never got to it and just saved it for her baby shower lol. Lanolin would be a good thing.though, thanks! Plus the burp cloths, and maybe some cloth wipes, I know she talked about doing that too and she could use them for.burping too

Quoting Kenziesmom22:

Poor girl! C-sections are rough, I had an emergency c-section with my daughter back in Feb when she got stuck and her heart rate kept going down. Definitely not what I had in mind, I had planned to deliver at the midwives birthing center in a tub and instead was rushed to the hospital. Afterwards, I could barely get out of bed without being in such pain. For the first 2 weeks I had someone who did all the house work for me, so she shouldn't feel bad that she has fallen behind! I think sending a care package is a good idea, maybe even throw in a few things she may not have expected to have ready like extra burp cloths for spit up so she doesn't have to wash them as often, cleaning products like you said, a book or magazine for when she's laying around & can't sleep maybe, some lanolin was the best present I received! There were so many little things for the baby I also realized I needed after she was born and couldn't get out to get them very easily. Maybe you should ask her if she got everything she needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Great ideas here. :)

Quoting MMerrill:

That sounds like a great idea!  I would throw in something cute for the baby and something nice for her like some nail polish and bath soaks so she can relax, maybe a CD of a singer she likes.  Most CD's are only 10 bucks at Walmart.  

You could do a gift card to eat somewhere, to cut her a break from having to cook, or throw in a snack for her to much on!

xcrystal88
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I was going to say the wipes for counter tops! those are so helpful.. maybe one of those windex touch up things.. I've heard those make cleaning so much easier.

Jlu88
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I was thinking about that, the windex touch ups. She Likes to keep her counters clean and disinfected, as does anyone lol, so that would be great for quick clean up.

Quoting xcrystal88:

I was going to say the wipes for counter tops! those are so helpful.. maybe one of those windex touch up things.. I've heard those make cleaning so much easier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Those counter wipes, the Windex window wipes, burp cloths (if he's spitting up a LOT then he might have reflux-not sure if she asked the doctor about it or not), those little sanitizer bottles in the carrying cases that can be hung from the diaper bag strap and the stroller handle, some nice smelling candles or a Scentsy (or Scentsy-type) warmer with some cubes (I loved these when I couldn't always stay on top of things because it makes the house smell taken care of which helps me feel less stressed about it), if you think it might help you could give her the Motivated Moms planner ($8 for the rest of this year and all of 2014: print it out and I keep mine in a 3-ring binder). It a page a day with a list of tasks to complete, a couple blank lines that you can fill in, a space to write down what dinner will me, space to write down appointments, plus an extra blank space to use for whatever you might want. It really helped me get back on top of my housework when I fell behind and couldn't catch up. I love it! But I don't know your friend so not sure if she'd like it or not. :-) Maybe throw in things for a mommy night to herself. Bath salts, floating candles, a relaxing cd, a good book, a movie, popcorn, chocolate, etc. As someone else suggested you could also give her a sling or wrap or carrier. My son had reflux and colic the first 3 or 4 months and the baby k'tan was a lifesaver! If you can afford it you could get her a certificate for a cleaning service/maid and/or a laundering service.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)