Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Baby fever

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have baby fever right now but it's really not a great time for me to become pregnant. How did you handle baby fever?
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tandagray
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That is the worse thing!  I know how you feel.  I took 6 years for my husband to be ready for our second child after our first was born.  I had it bad but we were waiting till he felt more comfortable financially.  All of my friends were having babies all around me.  It was so upsetting.  I ended up just planning everything out while I was waiting.  It kept me happy and excited about it for when the time was right.  I planned what the nursery would be like and had online wishlists of baby items.  When we were ready for our second child, I was prepared. :)

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
My bf and I have discussed having a baby and both agree that we want to wait at least another year bc we are planning to move in together after the beginning of the year and he will be changing jobs so we want to be settled with the moving and job changes before we have our sweet baby. I would personally like to be married before we have a baby, I haven't mentioned that to him but plan to next time the baby subject comes up.

Quoting tandagray:

That is the worse thing!  I know how you feel.  I took 6 years for my husband to be ready for our second child after our first was born.  I had it bad but we were waiting till he felt more comfortable financially.  All of my friends were having babies all around me.  It was so upsetting.  I ended up just planning everything out while I was waiting.  It kept me happy and excited about it for when the time was right.  I planned what the nursery would be like and had online wishlists of baby items.  When we were ready for our second child, I was prepared. :)

kgilpin27
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so experiencing this right now. My daughter is almost 1 and everybody keeps asking if we're ready for #2 yet. I AM!! But my husband is playing the whole sensible money thing...I hope I don't have to wait 6 years!

Quoting tandagray:

I had it bad but we were waiting till he felt more comfortable financially.  All of my friends were having babies all around me.  It was so upsetting.  

roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I practically live with baby fever. Of course, if I had my way I would constantly be pregnant and have babies running around. My sister just found out she was pregnant and I literraly have to fight tears when thinking about it. Mostly, I just tough it out, play with the babies I already have, and pray that God will allow me to have another baby when the timing is right for Him and for us.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I babysat my nephews... LOL just kidding, usually when baby fever hits I say something to my partner and he shoots me back down to reality lol.

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM
If I told my bf I wanted to get pregnant right now he would say ok. We both want a baby now but with his job he is almost 2 hours away so we are waiting until we are under the same roof.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I babysat my nephews... LOL just kidding, usually when baby fever hits I say something to my partner and he shoots me back down to reality lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)