Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Custody?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Question? If your going to plan on filing for custody...Is this process started before or after the baby is born?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TempestRayne
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
custody questions are best addressed by a lawyer.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think you should start them after havin the child. You can always go get the papers fill them out and file them w the court
After the baby is born but be ready so you can have the ball rolling asap
TayAbsNi12
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM
It's done after the child is born. If married and going though a divorce I can tell you what not to do. Don't do a shared parenting plan. Ever ever ever they are awful. Good luck, I hope it works out for best for the you and your family. Ps. A lot of states require paternity test too.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Yeah I would think after baby is born. But I do like someone's idea of getting the paperwork ahead of time so you are ready to file ASAP after baby is born.

fire86
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I had all the paperwork done before my daughter was born. Once she was born it was filed in court although my ex never fought me at all for custody he signed all the papers agreeing to giving me sole physical custody of her. However we have shared legal custody but again he doesn't really care to fight me on anything.

mykingmason
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quoting fire86:

I had all the paperwork done before my daughter was born. Once she was born it was filed in court although my ex never fought me at all for custody he signed all the papers agreeing to giving me sole physical custody of her. However we have shared legal custody but again he doesn't really care to fight me on anything.

Im hoping that it goes more so like this. i want the paperwork done before he is born . and share legal custody but i wont sole custody of him and id like that on papaer
fire86
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I hope it goes well for you I know I was lucky that her dad didn't fight me on anything. He wouldn't have won custody even if he did fight he didn't have a job or a place of his own then and still doesn't now he also doesn't live in the samr state as me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)