Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone look at the ingredient label on their favorite lotion/shampoo/etc.??

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you see anything you don't recognize or can't pronounce? There are so many chemicals in our stuff!!! :(

I have just started to make the transition to all natural/chemical free products. Anyone else do the same?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We all use Aveda, everything is plant based, no parabens or animal by-products. 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yep I have read the labels before and am also trying to make the switch to natural and organic products and foods.

cshane
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I have not personally used Aveda. How is it? I use Ava Anderson Non Toxic. It works great for us so far!

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

Looking to live a healthier, natural lifestyle by using all natural products? Message me or email cshane@AvaAndersonNonToxic.com for more info.

cshane
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It can be hard and expensive but every little switch counts! Any favorite products so far? 

Quoting k9l1c5:

Yep I have read the labels before and am also trying to make the switch to natural and organic products and foods.

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It's pricey but it's worth it, I get compliments on how healthy my hair is every time I get it done. I'm also careful about not using a lot of product or heat on my hair, so that probably helps too. Oh, and I stopped coloring about 3 years ago, it's really damaging if you do it often.

But yeah, I like it. Our daughter is on a swim team in the summer and Aveda Smooth Infusion keeps her hair from being totally fried from swimming 4-6 days of the week.

Quoting cshane:

I have not personally used Aveda. How is it? I use Ava Anderson Non Toxic. It works great for us so far!

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We use somethings that are more natural but I honestly hadn't given much thought to shampoos and soaps, I'll have to do some research!

MMerrill
by Melissa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I've been thinking of switching to organic shampoo because I'm trying to grow out my hair and make it more healthy.  I don't want to put any more chemicals in it and I'm trying to wash it less, etc.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Yeah it is a little expensive. So far I have mostly been concentrated on the products my dd uses, not sure what kinds of things are even on the market for adults. But I am in a CO-OP on facebook and just ordered some Earth Mama shampoo and body wash. I have been wanting to try it, got some for dd and myself.

Quoting cshane:

It can be hard and expensive but every little switch counts! Any favorite products so far? 

Quoting k9l1c5:

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:51 AM
My personal favorite is dessert essence. They make fabulous products.
bellawomen
by Summer on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Dr. Bronner's makes excellent stuff.  I just overlook their ambitious Christian words all over the products.  I use coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I wish I could find hair products for my out of control curly hair.  I have tried everything.  I have been using Loreal's new vegan sulfate free line and love it.  I can't read all the ingredients, but my hair is the best it has been in a long time.  I don't process my hair at all, its just naturally a mess :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)