Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

New here

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi ladies, I'm new to the group and pretty new to Cafemom in general. I have only been here a few days but love it, I've searched groups and found ones that I think I could fit in.

I'm Cassandra, I'm 21 years old and already pregnant with my third child. My husband is Jeff, he's 31, we're from Ohio. He grew up in Dayton and I grew up in Chillicothe, we met through my best friend, he is her oldest brother, she arranged us to go out and we did and started talking and soon he asked me out and I accepted.

Our kids are Sarah who is 2, Aaron who is 12 months and our third child Avery is due February 17, 2014.

I am a SAHM and Jeff works construction.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Welcome to the group! I think I also welcomed you in the intro thread. I'm a SAHM too, and my DF works in construction as well :). Right now he works for a company that does drywall and steel framing, but he knows how to do it all. Does your husband have his own company?

countrymom92
by Cassandra on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Thank you. Looks like we have some things in common. My husband knows how to do it all as well, he is very handy when it comes to working around the house and when something goes wrong he knows how to fix it. Yes he does have his own company, he has a regular crew. Right now they are working on gutting and rebuilding houses.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Welcome to the group! I think I also welcomed you in the intro thread. I'm a SAHM too, and my DF works in construction as well :). Right now he works for a company that does drywall and steel framing, but he knows how to do it all. Does your husband have his own company?

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Welcome!!!

*~*Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & My Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

countrymom92
by Cassandra on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Thank you.

Quoting LilMamaK:

Welcome!!!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Yes we do :). That sounds awesome! My fiance wants to start his own company within the next couple years, just wants to make sure he has it all worked out as far as rules, regulations, insurance and stuff before jumping into it. His dad has a construction company down in VA and that is who he learned everything he knows from. We would love to get into flipping houses together too, me doing the books and paperwork and him doing the rest!

Quoting countrymom92:

Thank you. Looks like we have some things in common. My husband knows how to do it all as well, he is very handy when it comes to working around the house and when something goes wrong he knows how to fix it. Yes he does have his own company, he has a regular crew. Right now they are working on gutting and rebuilding houses.

Quoting k9l1c5:

countrymom92
by Cassandra on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Awesome, I love having things in common with other ladies. My husband's dad has his own construction company as well and that is who he learned everything he knows from, he wanted to start his own company and his dad helped him do everything to start the company which was great. They won't be competing against each other though since my husband and FIL's companys are on the complete opposite sides of the state. His dad is in Dayton and we're in Athens, in Ohio. He's been flipping houses for awhile now and is doing real good at it, he loves getting houses for nothing, renovating them and then selling them for top dollar, it really has made us a lot of money. He has me doing the paperwork for his company which I do from home. I sign all the checks and he has my name on for the company as well. He wants to buyout another construction company so we might be increasing soon.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Yes we do :). That sounds awesome! My fiance wants to start his own company within the next couple years, just wants to make sure he has it all worked out as far as rules, regulations, insurance and stuff before jumping into it. His dad has a construction company down in VA and that is who he learned everything he knows from. We would love to get into flipping houses together too, me doing the books and paperwork and him doing the rest!

Quoting countrymom92:

Quoting k9l1c5:

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM

So do I! My fiance's dad is 6 hours away, so his company will not be a competition for him either. But that also means he can't do much to help him get the company off the ground. Since the building codes and things are different state to state. That is great that you guys are doing well with that! Hopefully we can do this sooner than later then... just have to figure out where he goes in our area to take the test to get a contractor's license.

Quoting countrymom92:

Awesome, I love having things in common with other ladies. My husband's dad has his own construction company as well and that is who he learned everything he knows from, he wanted to start his own company and his dad helped him do everything to start the company which was great. They won't be competing against each other though since my husband and FIL's companys are on the complete opposite sides of the state. His dad is in Dayton and we're in Athens, in Ohio. He's been flipping houses for awhile now and is doing real good at it, he loves getting houses for nothing, renovating them and then selling them for top dollar, it really has made us a lot of money. He has me doing the paperwork for his company which I do from home. I sign all the checks and he has my name on for the company as well. He wants to buyout another construction company so we might be increasing soon.

Quoting k9l1c5:

countrymom92
by Cassandra on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:15 AM

My husband has had his company now for five years, we weren't together yet when he started it but once we got together and were living together he wanted me included in the company so he has my name as co-owner and chairwoman, I don't mind it I actually like it as it gives me something to do not that taking care of the kids is nothing lol. My husband took the test and already had his contractor's license when we met, he was already prepared for everything. 

Quoting k9l1c5:

So do I! My fiance's dad is 6 hours away, so his company will not be a competition for him either. But that also means he can't do much to help him get the company off the ground. Since the building codes and things are different state to state. That is great that you guys are doing well with that! Hopefully we can do this sooner than later then... just have to figure out where he goes in our area to take the test to get a contractor's license.

Quoting countrymom92:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)