Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

REAL OR ARTIFICIAL XMAS TREE?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: fake or real Christmas tree?

Options:

fake

real

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

This is completely random but My boyfriend andI were discussing christmas decorations the other night since this is our first christmas in as a family living together on our own. He wants a REAL christmas tree and i want an artificial one. He wants the real tree because of the whole experience of going out and picking one out as a family and since this is our first christmas tree as a family. Dont get me wrong, i love the smell of a real tree and how much prettier and more full it will look, BUT they are more maintnance and can make a huge mess. PLUS we have a 21 month old who loves to pick at things and im afraid she will start picking at the real tree until there are only stems left lol and/or try to eat the leaves.

Should i just suck it up and get a real tree or should we get a fake tree until my daughter is alittle older ?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I would get the real one. We have always had a real one too and it is fun to go pick out your own tree and then bring it home to decorate it. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way, even if it does make a bigger mess.

ChancesMommy07
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Artificial. My husband is allergic to the real ones. We bought ours at a christmas store a few years ago and I love it! 

erin708
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM
we both grew up with fake ones so we have a fake also. I hate the smell of real trees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM

fake its a one time expense and it makes less of a mess and is less of a fire hazard. and if one of our cats gets in the house and in the tree the tree limbs can hold it .      I do like to get a real wreath or center piece with pine in it so we can enjoy the reall tree smell

you can find really nice and full fake trees that look real for good prices.  I got our at walmart 3 years ago for $90.

cnx143
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Your right it is fun. I grew up with real trees but I'm such a neat freak and afraid the baby will eat the leaves! Idk maybe I'm just being a super pain in the ass lol

Quoting k9l1c5:

I would get the real one. We have always had a real one too and it is fun to go pick out your own tree and then bring it home to decorate it. I couldn't imagine doing it any other way, even if it does make a bigger mess.

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM
We were given MIL's artificial tree when they downsized and decided they didn't want to decorate for Christmas. It works well for us, despite it being a 9 ft tree and we have 8 ft ceilings. (We're able to assemble just the top two sections of the tree to make it a 6 ft tree.) After selling real Christmas trees in high school, I have no desire to have a real tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnx143
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Your tree is so pretty!!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Artificial. My husband is allergic to the real ones. We bought ours at a christmas store a few years ago and I love it! 

cnx143
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yeah the artificial do last longer and it's definitely worth the price they run now a days. Well you guys have been helpful <3 I will update and see which one we end up choosing!
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My little one is 15 months this year, so I'm sure she will be trying to get at the tree too but will just have to watch her closely around it. And we just keep the vacuum close by lol.

Quoting cnx143:

Your right it is fun. I grew up with real trees but I'm such a neat freak and afraid the baby will eat the leaves! Idk maybe I'm just being a super pain in the ass lol

Quoting k9l1c5:

cnx143
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Yeah! I could imagine! Selling Christmas trees especially in the cold! I would hate them too lol I think we might go with an artificial tree until my daughter gets a little older just for the family bonding and memories :) thanks a bunch!

Quoting mrsniebo:

We were given MIL's artificial tree when they downsized and decided they didn't want to decorate for Christmas. It works well for us, despite it being a 9 ft tree and we have 8 ft ceilings. (We're able to assemble just the top two sections of the tree to make it a 6 ft tree.) After selling real Christmas trees in high school, I have no desire to have a real tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN