Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Need some serious advice. Family problems BAD

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have had some serious problems with my boyfriends family. We havent seen them in 6 months. My Sons 7 months old. I have the biggest list of things they have done to me, my son and my boyfriend. Im gonna list em and you tell me what ya think I should do about it.

1) My Mom let my boyfriends Mom borrow 500 dollars to fix her car. Which she never paid back

2) My whole pregnancy we didnt have a car. So my boyfriends Mom would take me to Dr appointments. I was high risk so some appointments I had to have a ride a hour away to make sure my Son was okay. She would cancel on me at the last minute. She would say her daughters Dr appointment was more important then mine and would make me cancel. Her daughter had a hang nail removed. That was more important then my Sons life and mine.

3) My baby shower was a horrible experience. Every other day Jts Mom would cancel it for some stupid reason. They also said they would take care of the expenses. We didnt have to buy anything. We bought the food, venue, invitations, the cake, stamps for the invitations. The only thing they did was printed out some games off the computer

4) The day my Son was born my boyfriend Jt and my Mom were the only one that were in the room because my blood pressure was high they didnt want me stressed out. Jts Mom sat out in the waiting room all pouty (My Grandma was out there) She even complained about taking me to the Drs my whole pregnancy.

5) The day Jayden was born. Jts Mom and Sister came in to see Jayden for 5 minutes because his Mom was suppose to go see her boyfriend for the weekend. She also was suppose to come pick us up from the hospital when we were discharged 2 days later. We couldnt find her. She never came. Had to call my Step Dad to come get us.He had to leave his job to pick me up.

6) We use to go to Jts Moms house to do our laundry. She wouldnt even hold my Son Jayden. She would send us upstairs while she would do our laundry. Then when our laundry was done she would send us home. Wouldnt even spend anytime with my Son

7) We wanted to move. Jts older Sister Christy ( Who doesnt have a relationship with Jts Mom) Bought a house for us to rent. So we could get out of our crappy bug infested drug infested apartment building. Jts Mom and younger Sister didnt agree with it. So they didnt talk to us for 2 months.

8) Jts younger Sister Jordan got ahold of us on fb saying she wanted to see our Son after 2 months. She wanted to know if she could keep him a whole weekend. Mind you, ppl are lucky if they get to keep my Son over night for one night. She asked to keep him friday saturday and bring him home Sunday evening. After not seeing him for 2 months. I told her no and that maybe she can keep him overnight if she started coming around. Because Jayden didnt know her.

9) We moved into the place his Sister bought and never heard from his Mom or Sister again.

10) Jts Grandma got diagnosed with cancer. Jts Mom told everybody his Grandma had a list of ppl she wanted to see before she died. Only her kids were on the list. Jt and my Son werent. So she tried to keep us away. Jts Aunt Kathy ended up talking to Jts Grandma when she woke up and she never had a list. We rushed to the hospital to go see her. The next day she passed away. She held Jayden and Jt the day before. She wanted to see them.

11) Jts Mom never even told us his Grandma died or tried to comfort him in anyway. We havent heard from her Since the end of May.

Well now. Jts younger Sister Jordan after 7 months wants to see us. She says she misses us and blah blah blah. Im having a hard time with the decision whether to go. She wants us to come over this Saturday. Im kinda in a hard spot. I cant tell Jt he has to stay away from his family. But im afraid ill go and they wont wanna see Jayden again for another 7 months. Cant have ppl coming and going out of his life all the time. So what do i do? Any suggestions?

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Stay the hell away from crazy vindictive people. i don't care if they are family. crazy is crazy and blood doesn't change that.

JaydensMama418
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Thats exactly how I feel. But it cause alot of arguements shooing my boyfriends family away.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Stay the hell away from crazy vindictive people. i don't care if they are family. crazy is crazy and blood doesn't change that.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

With them or with him?

JaydensMama418
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM

With him. I dont care about arguements with them. They could stay away for all I care. 

Quoting TempestRayne:

With them or with him?

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

In that case, let him take the baby. you stay away. no child was ever harmed by not seeing their grandparents/aunts and uncles ALL THE TIME. I've only ever seen my grandparents a handful of times. i don't feel like I am missing anything. I doubt your child will either.

JaydensMama418
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Thank you so much for the advice. I just dont want him hurt by ppl coming in and out of his life.

Quoting TempestRayne:

In that case, let him take the baby. you stay away. no child was ever harmed by not seeing their grandparents/aunts and uncles ALL THE TIME. I've only ever seen my grandparents a handful of times. i don't feel like I am missing anything. I doubt your child will either.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I understand.

Quoting JaydensMama418:

Thank you so much for the advice. I just dont want him hurt by ppl coming in and out of his life.

Quoting TempestRayne:

JaydensMama418
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

=)

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I absolutely agree!

Secondly, you do have to get over them not being reliable to you. You should have made sure you had reliable transportation before getting pregnant.

Quoting TempestRayne:

JaydensMama418
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

They wanted to drive me. They asked to. I had other options. She wanted to be at every appointment. Then complained about it the whole labor and delivery.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I absolutely agree!

Secondly, you do have to get over them not being reliable to you. You should have made sure you had reliable transportation before getting pregnant.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)