Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bridal Shower ?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

I recently got an invited to a bridal shower to a girl I went to school with, I know her name but we never hung out and my DH knows the groom to be from the neighorhood.  DH and the groom to be will talk if they meet up with each other, but we never hang out in a more than a hey there-hey there situation.  The only reason I think I was invited to the shower was because we might be invited to the wedding ( I think the groom came to our wedding w/ another GF, so maybe he thought he should invite us, so not sure if we are invited or not)and I think that the MOH just went through the wedding list and invited EVERYONE on the list to the shower.  So my question is it tacky to RSVP no and not send a present along or do I have to send a gift. Thanks Ladies!!!! 

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM
That's odd. If I'm invited and can't make it, I send a gift. But I always know the person. This just sounds odd, though.
EMMYBEARSMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM
If I receive an invitation, then I send a gift.
erin708
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Do u plan on attending the wedding IF ur invited?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellybird
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM
If all day I'm pretty sure yes, but if we are invited to just the dance then it's always up in the air with my DH. And if we go we usally give a gift of money anywhere from $20 to $100. And yes I thought it was strange too. to be invited to a shower of someone I am not friends with, seeing that some of my relatives know her better than me and they were not invited. That is why I am not going, seeing I would not know anyone there, so that is why I wanted to know about a gift.
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

it the groom was invited to your wedding your dh must know him more than to just say hey in the store.  Usually the shower list is derived from the wedding guest list.  If you are not going to attend the shower I would send something small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)