Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Cant decide

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 17 Replies

Maybe I can get a tie breaker here. Hubby and I cant decide which way to decorate our sons room. He is 18 months and loves fish and automotives. Basically any kind of car, bus, train...anything with wheels. But he is also in love with fish. He has had a fish tank since he was 6 months old and will sit down and watch them for hours.

Right now he has a Disney/Pixar Cars sofa and chair that he kinda sorta uses but not really. A bunch of toy cars and things like that. As for fish stuff aside from a tank he doesnt really have anything underwater themed.

What do you all think?

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geekymom08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this
If you want simple: 1 fish 2 fish!!

Want really decorative... Vehicles with a stoplight and all!!

I love 1 fish 2 fish the best though!
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I love that book :) and that idea.

Quoting geekymom08:

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM
They have wall clings for that... And I think it's such a cute and colorful idea for kids!!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I love that book :) and that idea.

Quoting geekymom08:

ATG499
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Aquarium train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mylilmonkey1120
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Either one would work for a while. I pictured a fish driving a car but I'm weird. I would most likely pick the cars tho, I think theres more you could do. But I love the one fish two fish idea.

My son ALWAYS picks two options so I'm trying to work things together. Right now he said when we move he wants orange, his favorite color, and super heros. So I'm thinking I'd leave the walls a plain color and get a rug or two and swap out his beding every now and again. 

amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Personally I'd just do a color scheme that can fit car/trucks/etc and add a few items to pull it together so that way when he is into his next thing u can hopefully change out a few items without having to re decorate the entire room.
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM

My husband and I actually thought of that just before bed LOL We like weird ideas so its no problem there lol Cars and other automotives definately be easier to find things for it than some fish themes

Quoting Mylilmonkey1120:

Either one would work for a while. I pictured a fish driving a car but I'm weird. I would most likely pick the cars tho, I think theres more you could do. But I love the one fish two fish idea.

My son ALWAYS picks two options so I'm trying to work things together. Right now he said when we move he wants orange, his favorite color, and super heros. So I'm thinking I'd leave the walls a plain color and get a rug or two and swap out his beding every now and again. 

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Normally I would be all over this but I'm not allowed to pain the walls -.- I get why but it is a pain in the arse to live in a house with all white walls after living most places with nothing but white walls

Quoting amberNewman0213:

Personally I'd just do a color scheme that can fit car/trucks/etc and add a few items to pull it together so that way when he is into his next thing u can hopefully change out a few items without having to re decorate the entire room.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Oh god my house is the same way. U can look at getting wall decals they are removable and reuseable and run 1-15 dollers on eBay.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Normally I would be all over this but I'm not allowed to pain the walls -.- I get why but it is a pain in the arse to live in a house with all white walls after living most places with nothing but white walls

Quoting amberNewman0213:

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I keep seeing this so I think I'll be taking a look. :)

Quoting amberNewman0213:

Oh god my house is the same way. U can look at getting wall decals they are removable and reuseable and run 1-15 dollers on eBay.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting amberNewman0213:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)