Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Any other moms feel like they don't have much family support? any other moms whose parents are dead or one left?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 12 Replies

my dad died may. h was my rock. my mom has nevr ben that much support emotionallky she livs 20 min away but feels 100 galaxies away. my dad's sisters etc all live in east coast. i fel i have no fmaily support anymore since he died and it's hard. i have 1 daughter. SO sucks. any other moms not have both their parents anymore?

by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ntsoinnocentmom
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents are not physically gone but my bio father is not apart of my life and my mother disowned me when I got pregnant last time and wouldn't get an abortion. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
TatumsMommy9313
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM
My mom passed away when I was 13 and I'm not close with any other family members, and I don't see "eye to eye" with my fiances family so I totally feel ya.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have my parents. My dad passed away when I was 9 years old. My mother has don't nothing but try to hurt me and my family so I cut her out of my life before I had my daughter. So 6 years since I have talked to her. And she still believes people over me and I don't need that in my life.

She didn't want girls when she was having babies. Trust me I know.

sexysiren1983
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I;m sorry your dad passd when you were so young. My dad had been my rock for 29 going on 30 yrs, my ncourager, biggst fan, guide, fianncialn counslor lol, tc. i can't imagine having NOT having him in my life. That being said, it still hurts likee it would if I were 9 and I share in your loss. thanks for being open and sharing your story with me. It helps to know I'm not alone. I see moms with parental support everywhere and what's worse is I DID haven it and it got taken away from me.

Quoting mama2b100808:

I don't have my parents. My dad passed away when I was 9 years old. My mother has don't nothing but try to hurt me and my family so I cut her out of my life before I had my daughter. So 6 years since I have talked to her. And she still believes people over me and I don't need that in my life.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Yup! I know the feeling. And your very welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. When I lost my dad I was in emotional state bc I was raped and I couldn't tell him.

Quoting sexysiren1983:

I;m sorry your dad passd when you were so young. My dad had been my rock for 29 going on 30 yrs, my ncourager, biggst fan, guide, fianncialn counslor lol, tc. i can't imagine having NOT having him in my life. That being said, it still hurts likee it would if I were 9 and I share in your loss. thanks for being open and sharing your story with me. It helps to know I'm not alone. I see moms with parental support everywhere and what's worse is I DID haven it and it got taken away from me.

Quoting mama2b100808:

srm8824
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I'm 24 and my mom died 7 years ago. My dad is still alive but I dont have a relationship with him. I am close with my grandmothers so I'm thankful for that. Do you have a husband or boyfriend? I make it a point to be close to my s/o's family because they are now my family, too.

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I do not live in that situation, and I am sorry that you don't feel very much support from your family.

sexysiren1983
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM

oh my gosh how horrible! what a vulnrable time to lso your dad, your protector! I was rapd at 16 so I know how that fels, but at least i was oldr and had my dad awhil after that. I am vrbally abused by SO and was gonna move in w/dad but then he died.

seems life/univrse is so cruel to let our parents die whn we need them the most...of course we will always need them, just like our kids need us, which I think makes the need even greater.

I hop you hav healed but I know you will always yearn for daddy, sp. since you were so little. But I swear losing him turned m into a little girl again idk why. I guess I fl vulnrable w/out my protector.

who is your biggest support now? for me no one.

would love to get to know you as another female friend online

Quoting mama2b100808: Yup! I know the feeling. And your very welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. When I lost my dad I was in emotional state bc I was raped and I couldn't tell him.

Quoting sexysiren1983:

Quoting mama2b100808:

sexysiren1983
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I have an SO but he is verbally abusive at times and no he isn't emotionally supportiv...in all honesty he's  abodywarmer and is someone to kep me company....at times ncie...other times angry and volatile...i know i need to get out but am not ready mentally esp. since I'm grieving.

i have few friends and really they are all about them...they don't undrstand why i'm so down sometimes...i have deprssion too so that doesn't help...i hav a brothr and we talk but he's busy w/his own family and livs 2 hours away and I understand. so pretty much it's just me. and my wonderful daughter of course.

Quoting srm8824:

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I'm 24 and my mom died 7 years ago. My dad is still alive but I dont have a relationship with him. I am close with my grandmothers so I'm thankful for that. Do you have a husband or boyfriend? I make it a point to be close to my s/o's family because they are now my family, too.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My biggest support now is my wonderful husband. He has been my rock. My knight and shinning armor. Yes, I did miss my dad. My daughter was born 4 days after his birthday so I remember him every October. :) I love him and miss him. But I know he is happy and proud of me for what I have been through. 

I still have nightmares from what happened to me, but I can't let if run my life. I let it when I was growing up and till I got out of high school. I told myself no more. I want my own family and that is what I did. So now my daughter needs my protection. My trust in people isn't good. I am one that you have to earn it. Because the person who did that to me was my step father. 

I seriously don't let any males around her that I don't know. Her school I really looked into before signing her up. I am very over protective. Every female in my family was raped. And I am going to end this curse! 

I would love to get to know you. :) 

Quoting sexysiren1983:

oh my gosh how horrible! what a vulnrable time to lso your dad, your protector! I was rapd at 16 so I know how that fels, but at least i was oldr and had my dad awhil after that. I am vrbally abused by SO and was gonna move in w/dad but then he died.

seems life/univrse is so cruel to let our parents die whn we need them the most...of course we will always need them, just like our kids need us, which I think makes the need even greater.

I hop you hav healed but I know you will always yearn for daddy, sp. since you were so little. But I swear losing him turned m into a little girl again idk why. I guess I fl vulnrable w/out my protector.

who is your biggest support now? for me no one.

would love to get to know you as another female friend online

Quoting mama2b100808: Yup! I know the feeling. And your very welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. When I lost my dad I was in emotional state bc I was raped and I couldn't tell him.

Quoting sexysiren1983:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN