Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

His grandmother says I'm faking it (vent)

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 30 Replies
So my SO's grandmother tells my SO that I'm faking my pregnancy to get out of doing everything a mother and wife is suppose to do. I get home from work early today after getting light headed at work and being sent home by doctor with a fast heart rate. His grandmother has been living with us for about 2 months. They're sitting on the couch watching TV when I walk in. I go into our bedroom and change and when I come out they're watching "the test" I ask SO if he'll go get the twins from daycare later. His grandma says isn't that your job. I tell her I'm not feeling well. His grandmother goes off telling my SO that she can't believe he's taking anything I'm saying serious. I broke the news that we're expecting last night. She goes on about how I'm just being lazy and I'm getting fat and I'm just coming up with excuses. Telling him he should just take the kids and leave. My SO tells her that he's seen the ultrasound, the pregnancy paperwork, and the pregnancy tests. So she goes on to say I'm probably cheating and they aren't his. I tell her that as much as she may be his grandmother that she will have to respect me in our home. She turns to my SO and says do you see how she treats me. She even had enough nerve to ask me to take a hpt in front of her. I was so frustrated I nearly collapsed. I can't believe this.
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Well, then she really would have hated me.  My response would have eventually been "Oh, well as soon as your measly SS money comes in at the beginning of the month, we'll find you a cheap house or apartment to rent.  Start packing..."  That would have been the end of that one

AustinsMommy007
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I would have flat out said you either respect me or you will have to find somewhere else to live. Shit like that is not only bad for your pregnancy but your marriage as well. You should talk to dh he should be sticking up for you and putting his foot down
JRSMOM0621
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
How do you fake that kind of illnesses. Grandma would have found her ass at a hotel or your husband's parwnts. There is no way in hell I would take that crap
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:24 PM

And, why is your SO still allowing her to live there?  Does she treat others in the family this way as well or just you/SO?

Oh, and congrats on your pregnancy!

504bbymami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Oh, old people are so.... Idk lol.

Usually I'd just say to nod and smile but the fact that she's living with you makes it a whole different ball game. Maybe have your so talk to her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnneJP23
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That must be really tough dealing with in general, let alone growing another person inside you!

What is her beef with you?! AND my opinin is, that it's your SO's responsibility to put her in her place about how to treat you in your own home. You're doing her a favor by letting her live there. Your SO needs to step up to that. That conversation should have never took place.

ashton82186
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Hugs! My hormons would of taken over lol You handled that with extream grace and self controll. It might be time to look at hotels in the area though. for either your sanity break or grandmas booty.

Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Being old doesn't give you the right to be an asshole. I probably would have kicked her out. It is YOUR house. You shouldn't have to feel like that in your own home.

Congrats on the pregnancy. Are you having twins again?

TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh. I hate people.

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

time will prove to granny you are telling the truth-she will have to believe it when they baby is here.  It sucks she is so mean, even in your own home.  SO should be standing up for you and making sure she gives you respect. Just a question, why does she have to live with you?  What happened to her house?>  where are her kids?  I love my grandma dearly but I dont think I could live with her full time.  I give you lots of credit for staying so calm and nice to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)