Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Any moms still in school?! I need advice!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was recently working full time plus had 15 credits 😫 . I it pregnant my third year of college and never stopped going. ( it worked out because I was due in the summer and just didn't take summer courses) I recently steppe down from my work to just hurry up and finish school. Did anyone else have to make a choice like that? The way I see it I would be better off finishing school and doing tht for myself instead of working a crappy not even 10.00/hr job! I've saved up money as well and we live with family so I have help, I just think school is important and if my little in grows up and wants to focus on school planning on supporting her until she graduates! Any thoughts?
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you made the right choice and it sounds like it was a well thought out plan. What will you be receiving a degree in?
WorkAtHomeMom10
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think school is important for most people; it just was not worth it for me. I ended up started my own business; im now making six figures and never went to school. I did go to trade schools but just wasnt making as much as I wanted! I think if it's your goal and dream; you should!

srm8824
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I am going to graduate in a few months with my bachelors degree. I think that school should be the most important to you, especially if you have support of family that allows you to finish!

calligi09
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I'm going to get my special education certification! Thanks so much

Quoting esox: I think you made the right choice and it sounds like it was a well thought out plan. What will you be receiving a degree in?
esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Awesome. I have my gen ed degree for prek-5 and a SPED license to teach birth to death blind/visually impaired. I absolutely loved working with my students with VI. Just couldn't take the school system any longer. Once this baby starts school I want to go back to teaching as a freelance contractor instead of through the school system. Get to do things my way without the administration crap.
What type of SPED do you want to get into?

Quoting calligi09: I'm going to get my special education certification! Thanks so much

Quoting esox: I think you made the right choice and it sounds like it was a well thought out plan. What will you be receiving a degree in?
studentmommyy
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in my third year of school as well, and my baby is due in July, so I feel lucky, for what it is worth. I think I'll be working a lot up until my last month of pregnancy, to save up money, and then rushing to finish school right after the baby is born. Either that, or take a semester off and fit in all my classes in one final semester. Good luck :)

BeAmour
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'm fortunate to have my family willing to support me while I finish up in college.

calligi09
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
CI, and something similar to you! I would ideally love to do early on programs for birth to 3 year olds

Quoting esox: Awesome. I have my gen ed degree for prek-5 and a SPED license to teach birth to death blind/visually impaired. I absolutely loved working with my students with VI. Just couldn't take the school system any longer. Once this baby starts school I want to go back to teaching as a freelance contractor instead of through the school system. Get to do things my way without the administration crap.

What type of SPED do you want to get into?

Quoting calligi09: I'm going to get my special education certification! Thanks so much

calligi09
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't rush it! Take a semester off I should have because I did really bad this semester and I shouldn't have tried to do it all

Quoting studentmommyy:

I'm in my third year of school as well, and my baby is due in July, so I feel lucky, for what it is worth. I think I'll be working a lot up until my last month of pregnancy, to save up money, and then rushing to finish school right after the baby is born. Either that, or take a semester off and fit in all my classes in one final semester. Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)