Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Is the K-mart Jingle Ball commercial appropriate for t.v.?

Options:

Yes

No

Doesn't bother me

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

has anyone seen that K-mart commercial for Joe Boxer? i feel its highly inappropriate for t.v. i mean yeah it's cute and all but children are like "mommy how are they doing that?" and how do u explain something like that away? it should have a parental advisory before it or something geez....

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I've seen it on during the day. My mom just had surgery and I was over at her house taking care of her one day when it came on. I'm not sure an exact time but it was between 10am and 4pm.

Quoting Fordprefect:

I think they only play it at night. I have watched things I've recorded and had to fast forward through it. I don't want to have to explain it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this

do you think the same of Victoria secret commercials?

Mandallyn
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I'm very open with my kids about the differences between male and female sex organs. It's half the battle when it comes time to have the puberty and sex talk. I think it's cute, my boys would probably laugh their butts off. I've only seen it in cafemom though, not cable yet.
Fordprefect
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Oh, man. Yeah that's too early.

Quoting rwebb11: I've seen it on during the day. My mom just had surgery and I was over at her house taking care of her one day when it came on. I'm not sure an exact time but it was between 10am and 4pm.

Quoting Fordprefect:

I think they only play it at night. I have watched things I've recorded and had to fast forward through it. I don't want to have to explain it.

mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't really care. Boys have balls. If I have to explain that to my boy then I will. I have seen far worse on TV.
crwspringer
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Maybe better after 8 or 9 o clock.
GirlsMama3
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I don't like it but I wouldn't try to get it banned or anything. I've only actually seen it once and it was after 9pm
srm8824
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

If my son asked "how are they doing that?" I would simply explain it. It wouldn't be that hard.

When you make something a big deal THEN it becomes a big deal. There are commercials on all the time of half-dressed women so why is this what we complain about? 

thefiregoddess
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I think it's hilarious.

twins_omg313
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree! I was stuck the first time I saw it. How are jingling balls NOT inappropriate?? It makes it even worse that is for a family oriented store...

I also want to admit that if they were women with bells on their nipples, it would be equally inappropriate.

Just my opinion :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN