Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Is the K-mart Jingle Ball commercial appropriate for t.v.?

Options:

Yes

No

Doesn't bother me

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

has anyone seen that K-mart commercial for Joe Boxer? i feel its highly inappropriate for t.v. i mean yeah it's cute and all but children are like "mommy how are they doing that?" and how do u explain something like that away? it should have a parental advisory before it or something geez....

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
Amberlynn2010
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Its just a commercial. There has been way worse.
mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

as a matter of fact i sure do! i think the sex sales thing has gotten out of hand. and the fact that kids way too young know way more about this topic than they should it concerns me even more. just my opinion

Quoting redbutterfly666:

do you think the same of Victoria secret commercials?

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommymix0820:

as a matter of fact i sure do! i think the sex sales thing has gotten out of hand. and the fact that kids way too young know way more about this topic than they should it concerns me even more. just my opinion

Quoting redbutterfly666:

so do you not let your kids see you in your underwear? do you hide and lock the door? and do you not teach your kids that women have boobs and vaginas and need to wear bras and panties to keep them covered,and that men have penises and wear boxers/boxer briefs ect to cover their stuff?

EmilyH87
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I got a kick out of it. There are far worse things that could be seen on TV.

CafeMom Tickers
mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

no i do not let my 4 year old see me in my underwear thats inappropriate in my opinion. nor do i talk to my 4 yo, 2 yo, or 9 month old about those things its no where near time for that thank u

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting mommymix0820:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

so do you not let your kids see you in your underwear? do you hide and lock the door? and do you not teach your kids that women have boobs and vaginas and need to wear bras and panties to keep them covered,and that men have penises and wear boxers/boxer briefs ect to cover their stuff?

mom12341234
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM

yeah my 4yr doughter saw that and laughed she thinks its the funniest thing ever and yeah ok its funny but i dont want her to watch a bunch of guys shaking it on tv. i know its not meant to be anything pervy its just meant to sell cloths but really? althought the same arguement could be mad for vitoria secret adds on tv at least the kmart guys are wearing tops and hats unlike the models on victoria adds.

Krizzle01
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
It was definitely a wtf moment when I saw that commercial at work the other day o_O
Goth_mom13
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

sooooo youre one of those moms.....your oldest never asks questions like "why do i have this part and my little brother/sister has this part"? when is the right time? when they are in high school and have sex for the first time not knowing a darn thing about the human body? or will you let them think the human body is disgusting and should be hidden at all times and they shouldnt even look at themselves naked?

Quoting mommymix0820:

no i do not let my 4 year old see me in my underwear thats inappropriate in my opinion. nor do i talk to my 4 yo, 2 yo, or 9 month old about those things its no where near time for that thank u

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting mommymix0820:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

RheaF
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I don't have TV with commercials, so mine have never seen it. However, if they did they would have no clue what's going on. They are 8 & 5. I would just say the computer added the sound, and leave it at that.
krystlzd3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:51 AM
This one is worse....
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVhIMr4ScI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9PVhIMr4ScI

This one too
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PVhIMr4ScI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9PVhIMr4ScI
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)