Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

SAHM, how long?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 49 Replies

Im not meaning to turn this into a sahm/working mom debate, just a question... If you are a sahm how long have you been one? Are you/did you go/going back to work once your kids are in school ft? Do you love or hate being a SAHM? For me, I have been one for 2 years, and am unsure about what I will do once they go back to school considering I really want to be involved with sports, schooling, ect. I have a love/hate relationship with being a SAHM. Love taking care of my kids and surprisingly like to cook and clean but miss adult interaction and sometimes feel like im going to go crazy 

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

BUMP!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a SAHM for 8 years, I home-schooled for several years.

I am in school full time now and will work when I am done.

I loved being home with my children, it is the greatest experience and I am glad that I got to be there for my children.

You don't have to miss out on the adult interactions, join some co-ops and playgroups.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a sahm for one year. Then worked a couple part time jobs over the course of a year. Then became a sahm for another year. I've currently been a full time working mom for about 8 months, but I also have a job where I'm home almost all week and can also utilize my degree. I actually enjoy my schedule the way it is now the best.

proudmommy690
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been one for 7yrs. I only have 1 kid in school right now.
GirlsMama3
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Six years and it will be another five before my youngest starts school.
I enjoy being a stay at home mom. I'm not sure what I will do when youngest goes to school.
erin708
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I've been a full time sahm for 4 yrs. When my oldest was born I stayed home for 10 mo then went back to work so we could buy a house. I worked for two yrs and stopped when my second was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatLee42513
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm TTC right now - no kids yet but was unemployed for a year and became a housewife. I work now but I have every intention of becoming a full time housewife forever once I get pregnant. Being a SAHM is something I truly want to be.
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

I was a sahm for one year. Then worked a couple part time jobs over the course of a year. Then became a sahm for another year. I've currently been a full time working mom for about 8 months, but I also have a job where I'm home almost all week and can also utilize my degree. I actually enjoy my schedule the way it is now the best.

Thats wonderful! What do you do?

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been a sahm now for a little over 3 yrs. My DS will start school next school yr, I am planning on going back and finishing my degree then, if not sooner.. I also have a love/hate relationship with being a sahm too.. somedays are absolutely wonderful, other days I wish I could drop my DS and my SO's kids off somewhere and go make money than be home and drove nuts!! lol

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I've been home just short of 4 years. I was laid off of a seasonal job days before getting a BFP with my first child, so I took a job online. It helped me feel like I was somehow connected to the outside world, but sadly the job was outsourced early this year. Most days I really enjoy being home for my family, but sometimes it can get a little lonely. (Even getting involved in playgroups and library storytime doesn't really allow me to connect with other adults.) Once my kids are in school, I wouldn't mind working outside the home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN