Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Im not meaning to turn this into a sahm/working mom debate, just a question... If you are a sahm how long have you been one? Are you/did you go/going back to work once your kids are in school ft? Do you love or hate being a SAHM? For me, I have been one for 2 years, and am unsure about what I will do once they go back to school considering I really want to be involved with sports, schooling, ect. I have a love/hate relationship with being a SAHM. Love taking care of my kids and surprisingly like to cook and clean but miss adult interaction and sometimes feel like im going to go crazy 

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Replies (41-49):
jnmaves
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I have only been a stay at home mom for a couple months. I worked as a social worker at a nursing home for 5 years before that. Its important to take time out for you. Go have dinner with friends once in awhile. I'm planning to get my master's and go back to work once the kids are in school.
MelissaBabeh14
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Ive been a sahm for almost 6 years and everything you said about it is how i feel about it actually lol.

april80s
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

With my first son, I went back to work after 6 weeks and worked full time.  I quit my job a few weeks before my second son was born and now stay at home.  I might get a part time job once both boys are in school full time.  I'll decide when the time comes.

tiarra7022
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I have been a SAHM for a little over 3 yrs. I thought about going back to work when they went to school but my husband still wants me to stay home so I think I may do some volunteer work. I just dont want to get a job since they are in school and miss out on activites. To me it defeats the point of staying home to not miss out on your childs life then miss things once they go to school. I miss having adult time but its worth it.

aiden032809
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
5months now and I'm ready to go back to work! Lol I wanted to wait till ds starts school this sept coming up but if I find the right pt job before that I'll go back to work gladly ...
cupcake_mom
by KT on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Going on 8 years. I also have that same love/hate thing going on. I'm not sure if i will go back to work or not
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I've been a SAHM for 7 years. I'm busy with my 4, lol

megz0511
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I've beem one for alittle over a year and a half. I'm with you on the love/hate part of it. We try play groups but we lived pretty far away from anything like that, like a 45 minute drive. I don't know what I'll do when he goes to school, guess it just depends if dh cares if I stay home and if I really want to lol.
tonjota
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I have been a SAHM for five years and I loved it at first. I love being there for my kids first but I miss having a job. I wanted to go back to work but I had my third kid. I enjoy spending so much time with them but I miss being able to sleep a full 8 hours and I miss being able to do what I want each day. I am planning on returning to work once I wean my baby. I think it will make me happy to get out the house each day, make some money and to feel like I accomplishing some of my goals. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN