Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Adam alert in walmart

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 20 Replies

The other day in walmart there was an adam alert annouced and instead of everyone looking for the child peple just continued shopping. What is wrong with people these days?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Dafuq is an adam alert?
winkyloafer.
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm sure they were looking.

For good deals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Because if it's not their child, SOME people just don't care :-(
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I thought only employees were to look for the child? If i were shopping and heard code adam i would not drop everything and look for someone's child. Especially since i usually have my own with me.
baw8756
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I work in a hospital and I think all places should follow the same things we do. We have people and yes sometimes its even people who are not employees and we all block the exits so if its more than just a child got lost and someone is actually trying to kidnap that child we can prevent something even worse from happening. If it was my child that was lost cause lord knows even the best moms have accidents, I would hope someone would help me look for my child and be considerate of the fact that there is 1) a mom freaking out and 2) a child somewhere that is probably scared to death and wants their mommy!

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Adam alert is a missing child alert system used in stores, namely Wal Mart and other large retailers, due to the child Adam Walsch who was stolen from Sears and murdered. If I remember right, the kidnapper beheaded the little boy. His dad hosted America's Most Wanted.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom: Dafuq is an adam alert?

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Generally during an Adam Alert, the only people who are supposed to look are employees for the store. I'm sure concerned citizens can look, but the announcement is so that employees of the store can follow protocol. Whoever is assigned to block exits needs to go do so, whoever is assigned to canvas certain areas starts to do that. I know that if I was in a store and heard an alert, I'd keep an eye out, and would alert an employee if I saw the child, but I don't think I'd stop what I was doing, especially if I had my own children with me. The store employees are told how to handle the situation, and law enforcement is called.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Oh ok

Quoting Serabeth06:

Adam alert is a missing child alert system used in stores, namely Wal Mart and other large retailers, due to the child Adam Walsch who was stolen from Sears and murdered. If I remember right, the kidnapper beheaded the little boy. His dad hosted America's Most Wanted.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom: Dafuq is an adam alert?

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Ugh! I would have been looking for the child. I wish people was more in the spirit to helping others than themselves. 

barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I continue shopping, but will keep an eye out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)