Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Does anyone have a pregnant pet?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

Or has had a pregnant pet?

I got four female mice for my birthday and it turned out one was pregnant when I took her home!  Now she's in labor and I'm really excited but anxious, too. I'm just grateful it's not a bigger animal having babies because that would just completely overwhelm me!  

Side note: Once the babies are 2-3 weeks old they'll be going back to the pet store (we buy from a small store that treats their animals well and buys from good breeders so I know they'll be well cared for there).

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

No we don't have any pets. :) 

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Eek! Glad it's working out safely for you at least.

We have a dog, but he is neutered.

My family has always believed strongly in responsible pet ownership, so any dog we ever had has been fixed.
(No cats, I am allergic).
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Yikes, that's crazy. Hope it goes okay!

As a teen, we took in a pregnant cat. As an adult, I am very big on getting pets fixed. I am against breeding animals.
roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We got a puppy from a neighbor last year and this year she had seven female puppies of her own. We are still trying to find forever homes for three of her pups.

Have fun with your little mice! I never owned a mouse, but I had a rat who mated with my sister's rats. At a time I think there were like 50 rats in the house because she had multiple adults mated at the same time. They are soooooo cute!

Infinitex3
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I don't think it's worth fixing mice since they only live 1-2 years, but I agree with bigger pets!

Quoting Courtney610: Yikes, that's crazy. Hope it goes okay!

As a teen, we took in a pregnant cat. As an adult, I am very big on getting pets fixed. I am against breeding animals.

Infinitex3
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Right now all the babies look like aliens!!  We have 9 of them, but they'll all be separated based on sex before they can mate.  I don't need a continuous cycle of babies lol!!

Quoting roseblossom90:

We got a puppy from a neighbor last year and this year she had seven female puppies of her own. We are still trying to find forever homes for three of her pups.

Have fun with your little mice! I never owned a mouse, but I had a rat who mated with my sister's rats. At a time I think there were like 50 rats in the house because she had multiple adults mated at the same time. They are soooooo cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN