Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Dont like WIC?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

Reading another post about WIC pisses me off because people are making comments like "don't have kids if you cant afford them" or "don't get help from the goverment if your going to complain" ect. Well here is the thing, If I hadn't had WIC around chances are I would not have been able to BF. The lactation consultant at the delivery hospital is also the same as the one at WIC. I went in once a week to get help with BF'ing. I ended up pumping for the first 3 months (with the pump that wic let me use medical grade which really helped) and there is no way I would have been able to go threw with it without help from them. So the assholes that keep assuming that wic is there just for "FREE FOOD' from the goverment need to pull there heads out of there asses! BTW If someone wants to bash me for not needing assistance (because ya know someone is always mad on cafemoma), If you never needed/need help cool but get off your high horses, and if you do need/use well cool I just hope you do so because you actually need it. *Rant over*

Edit: Excuse the language, I just can't stand how mean some of you can be to each other. 

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
It seems you are coming from a perspective that is rather jaded and angry.

Many people use government assistance programs, and many people also believe strongly in their good.

At the same time, many others also feel the peril and Big Picture economic strain on already limited government resources for programs like this, and do not support such things.

I can understand the logic of both sides of the argument.

Regardless of opinion, it's rather childish and vulgar to "rant" about anyone who happens to share a different opinion than you...
winkyloafer.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You seem to talk about staying at home and being on assistance a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoanahLee
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Our foster kids get WIC.  We would not qualify for it with our own kids, but take it most of the time because it helps lighten the grocery load.  People can judge all they want. 

tabby21
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

yes but alot of women on here do put others down and i think that was her point!  so i do not believe it is childish to 'rant' as you call it!!

Quoting MamaPeanut: It seems you are coming from a perspective that is rather jaded and angry.

Many people use government assistance programs, and many people also believe strongly in their good.

At the same time, many others also feel the peril and Big Picture economic strain on already limited government resources for programs like this, and do not support such things.

Regardless of opinion, it's rather childish and vulgar to "rant" about anyone who happens to share a different opinion than you...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Didn't really like wic that much but it sure did help when I needed it. :) 

tabby21
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM

i loved the lactationist at wic....and i am looking forward to meeting back with her again in march...with my first nobody sat and explained anything to me but wic did come to the hospital with me and give mea pump to borrow while my son sat in the nicu for a month! with no family around that lady helped me more than she thought...she was even willing to come to my HOUSE and help my little peanut latch....i totally agree with you 100%

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Maby a little childish yes but some women here can just be plain out rude to other's about assistance. I had even seen the comment where someone said to another that they should give up there child because they used assistance.

Quoting MamaPeanut: It seems you are coming from a perspective that is rather jaded and angry.

Indy3000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Most of the time it stems from the fact that i read another post about either of the subject and I hate how some people can be so mean, as I commented to another reply on here, One woman said to another that she should give her kids up for adoption because she had to be on assistance for a bit. That is pretty harsh

Quoting winkyloafer.: You seem to talk about staying at home and being on assistance a lot.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I think its great that there are programs like WIC to help people out when they fall on hard times.

It bugs me when people plan pregnancies knowing they will need programs like WIC and Medicaid to get by.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I get WIC and foodstamps at the moment. We actually do need it and people can think of me however they want to. There is a thing called karma, that when they need the help they will either have to swallow their pride and go get it or starve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)