Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Reading another post about WIC pisses me off because people are making comments like "don't have kids if you cant afford them" or "don't get help from the goverment if your going to complain" ect. Well here is the thing, If I hadn't had WIC around chances are I would not have been able to BF. The lactation consultant at the delivery hospital is also the same as the one at WIC. I went in once a week to get help with BF'ing. I ended up pumping for the first 3 months (with the pump that wic let me use medical grade which really helped) and there is no way I would have been able to go threw with it without help from them. So the assholes that keep assuming that wic is there just for "FREE FOOD' from the goverment need to pull there heads out of there asses! BTW If someone wants to bash me for not needing assistance (because ya know someone is always mad on cafemoma), If you never needed/need help cool but get off your high horses, and if you do need/use well cool I just hope you do so because you actually need it. *Rant over*

Edit: Excuse the language, I just can't stand how mean some of you can be to each other. 

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (21-23):
RobertsMommy13
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I'm a SAHM and I get help from WIC. I live hr. away from family & friends so no one I will trust with my son cuz I don't know anyone. This is my first baby and want to be with him every first steps of his first year. My SO works very hard to try and make ends meet. He doesn't like that I went and got help but that's what it is there for. HELP IF NEEDED.

Ppl tend to talk shit about families on food stamps and wic but you know what there are families out there that don't take advantage of it. Use it till you're on your feet. I have seen situations that families get this help and abuse it even the baby's daddy sitting on his ass. Now that's the type of ppl who need to be cut off and are actually proud of it. That's when I have a problem and talk shit. Other then that keep your mouths shut unless you know there situations. Ty have a good day.
jnmaves
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM
WIC and programs a like are good for people who need them, that's why they are there. However, these programs get abused and misused a lot. My sister had WIC when she had an unplanned pregnancy with no insurance and making minimum wage. It was there when she needed it until she got a higher paying job with benefits. There is nothing wrong with using assistance programs, but abusing them is what makes me upset.
shaleasymphony
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly how I feel. I also get wic and foodstamps and we live in our own apartment and pay bills and pay for a car and my husband does work full time while I'm a sahm atm because my youngest isn't old enough for daycare. People can think bad of me all they want. Idc

Quoting k9l1c5:

I get WIC and foodstamps at the moment. We actually do need it and people can think of me however they want to. There is a thing called karma, that when they need the help they will either have to swallow their pride and go get it or starve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)