Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

so odd

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 21 Replies

i havent had any sickness at all during my pregnancy ill be 38 weeks on thursday, and i have an AWFUL migrane thas making me naucious. i guess i shouldnt complain tho because most people are sick throughout their whole pregnancy. 

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennimai.c
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My first and current pregnancies were pretty much sickness free too! And bc my first is just 10 months old, it's been a lot easier to control the weight gain too. I'm in my 18th week for my second pregnancy. I often got migraine headaches before and after pregnancy.

How have you been treating your migraine s?
stephaniexo
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

yeah the weight gain part wasnt so easy for me to control lol i went from 140- currently being 180 and up until about a month and a half ago i was going to the gym almost every day and eating very well i just couldnt keep myself from gaining so much for some reason. most of my drs were ok with my weight only 1 gave me a hard time about it so its ok i guess. i havent done anything for the migraines just drinking tons of water and laying down in the dark

Quoting jennimai.c: My first and current pregnancies were pretty much sickness free too! And bc my first is just 10 months old, it's been a lot easier to control the weight gain too. I'm in my 18th week for my second pregnancy. I often got migraine headaches before and after pregnancy.

jennimai.c
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I found that it helps to have a little black coffee and a Tylenol for the migraine headaches. When they get worse though, you can try massaging the little notch at the base of your head a few minutes too.
stephaniexo
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM

thank you! :) ill give it a try

Quoting jennimai.c: I found that it helps to have a little black coffee and a Tylenol for the migraine headaches. When they get worse though, you can try massaging the little notch at the base of your head a few minutes too.

SarahJ86
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM
It's okay! Everyone's body is different. I gained 65 lbs in my first pregnancy. I can't help it. I don't eat horrible it's just how my body is. But I lost all of it from breast feeding and eating healthy after. Just as long as you get that weight off after. In one month I gained 15 lbs. eek! The dr have me a hard time but I didn't do anything differnt. I am the type to have to work really hard to maintain my weight. And you can't push yourself that hard when prego. Don't worry about it. :)

Quoting stephaniexo:

yeah the weight gain part wasnt so easy for me to control lol i went from 140- currently being 180 and up until about a month and a half ago i was going to the gym almost every day and eating very well i just couldnt keep myself from gaining so much for some reason. most of my drs were ok with my weight only 1 gave me a hard time about it so its ok i guess. i havent done anything for the migraines just drinking tons of water and laying down in the dark

Quoting jennimai.c: My first and current pregnancies were pretty much sickness free too! And bc my first is just 10 months old, it's been a lot easier to control the weight gain too. I'm in my 18th week for my second pregnancy. I often got migraine headaches before and after pregnancy.

soccernoodles7
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM

If your migrane and the nausea keep up, make sure to bring it up at your next appointment and get your blood pressure checked. A persistent migrane can be a sign of high blood pressure. And just make sure to drink plenty of fluids too, that may help :)

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I have a bet going with my SO that during my next pregnancy I'll be sick as a dog. lol Terrible, I know, but he thinks his sperm is a gift from God and that because it'll be his baby and he'll care about and for mom, I won't get sick. >.> Riiight 'cause that's why we do/don't get sick. lol Anywho, if I win I get a footrub every weekend during the pregnancy, whether he wants to or not. (: If I lose, he gets backrubs. (Which I give anyways, so joke's on him.)

stephaniexo
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hahaha! That is too funny lol well I hope you win!! Foot rubs don't seem like much but during pregnancy they're EVERYTHING lol 

Quoting Serabeth06:

I have a bet going with my SO that during my next pregnancy I'll be sick as a dog. lol Terrible, I know, but he thinks his sperm is a gift from God and that because it'll be his baby and he'll care about and for mom, I won't get sick. >.> Riiight 'cause that's why we do/don't get sick. lol Anywho, if I win I get a footrub every weekend during the pregnancy, whether he wants to or not. (: If I lose, he gets backrubs. (Which I give anyways, so joke's on him.)

stephaniexo
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I had an appt Monday and blood pressure was good. I was in early labor when I went in so she said to walk walk walk! I did for hours and rolled around on a yoga ball but no such luck yet :( 

Quoting soccernoodles7:

If your migrane and the nausea keep up, make sure to bring it up at your next appointment and get your blood pressure checked. A persistent migrane can be a sign of high blood pressure. And just make sure to drink plenty of fluids too, that may help :)

stephaniexo
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Yeah I've talked to a lot of people who put on more than the "recommended weight" during pregnancy even someone who gained 100! So it made me feel better. I think they're more concerned about taking the weight off after so I'll make sure I do that

Quoting SarahJ86: It's okay! Everyone's body is different. I gained 65 lbs in my first pregnancy. I can't help it. I don't eat horrible it's just how my body is. But I lost all of it from breast feeding and eating healthy after. Just as long as you get that weight off after. In one month I gained 15 lbs. eek! The dr have me a hard time but I didn't do anything differnt. I am the type to have to work really hard to maintain my weight. And you can't push yourself that hard when prego. Don't worry about it. :)

Quoting stephaniexo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)