Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

extremely moody..TMI period related

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 11 Replies
I get really really moody during my time of the month. Like every little thing sets me off. I seriously feel bi-polar sometimes (I'm not but if feel as if I am). One minute I'm crying because of something stupid the next I'm yelling and screaming for another stupid thing. I've never been this moody before. I started getting really moody after I had my tubes tied in August. My cramps are killer and I bleed extremely heavily and for longer these symptoms also didn't occur until my tubal. My periods before would last 3-4 days would be moderate to light and no symptoms really. My ob said the heavy flows and cramping would be normal so I expected that but my mood is what bothers me.

So my question is; What can I do/take to help myself to not be so moody especially cranky? Please don't bother saying exercise it doesn't help at all or birth control my ob won't prescribe to women who have had tubals. Please help me I feel like I become a monster and I don't like it.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandallyn
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I have pmd and I swing big time on my periods. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm swinging, my dh will say something and I'll realize how I'm acting.

What do you like to do? Do any of the activities you like calm you down? I clean when I'm getting really bad, it eventually takes my mind off of my mood... I dunno, I just kind of power through it.

Do you take anything for the cramps? That pain itself can magnify the mood changes you experience.
mommymendenhall
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Bump
mommymendenhall
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I would love to read or knit but my kids tend to always interrupt me the second I pick it up. I take tylenol for my cramps and headache but to no avail. My dh also pointed it out to me as well as my 7 yo dd. I've then realized that I do get pretty angry. I've tried just about everything. I've tried to take a few seconds to just breathe before I respond. I walk my dog daily by myself. I can't take antidepressents bc I have very adverse reactions to them. I feel lost with it all and my ob says it's mostly normal. I think not.

Quoting Mandallyn: I have pmd and I swing big time on my periods. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm swinging, my dh will say something and I'll realize how I'm acting.

What do you like to do? Do any of the activities you like calm you down? I clean when I'm getting really bad, it eventually takes my mind off of my mood... I dunno, I just kind of power through it.

Do you take anything for the cramps? That pain itself can magnify the mood changes you experience.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I'd get a 2nd opinion. Have you looked into getting a uterine ablation?
mommymendenhall
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM
What's that?

Quoting Courtney610: I'd get a 2nd opinion. Have you looked into getting a uterine ablation?
Mandallyn
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
It really takes a LOT of time to learn how to deal with it without medication. It takes a LOT of practice to let go of those feelings. This last period I couldn't stop crying. Just kept going for days... ugh...

If you take up knitting and make something for you lo she may let you be just because she knows your making something for her. My kids do, they love knowing I'm making something special just for them.
I also listen to music that makes me feel uplifted and happier. It really helps to take my mind off how I feel.

It's hard, just keep trying to work through it, but don't get caught up in it if you aren't coping as well one cycle as the last. That could make you feel worse and you swings worse. Hopefully someone will better coping strategies.

Quoting mommymendenhall: I would love to read or knit but my kids tend to always interrupt me the second I pick it up. I take tylenol for my cramps and headache but to no avail. My dh also pointed it out to me as well as my 7 yo dd. I've then realized that I do get pretty angry. I've tried just about everything. I've tried to take a few seconds to just breathe before I respond. I walk my dog daily by myself. I can't take antidepressents bc I have very adverse reactions to them. I feel lost with it all and my ob says it's mostly normal. I think not.

Quoting Mandallyn: I have pmd and I swing big time on my periods. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm swinging, my dh will say something and I'll realize how I'm acting.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Basically, they burn out the lining of your uterus. For most people, it eliminates their periods, or it drastically lightens them. It's a quick procedure.

Has your doctor done an internal exam and ultrasound, just to double check that there's nothing out of the ordinary? I had extreme issues, and it turns out my uterus was enlarged due to many fibroids, and I had Endo. While my issues weren't common for women in their 20's, it's worth looking into.

Quoting mommymendenhall: What's that?

Quoting Courtney610: I'd get a 2nd opinion. Have you looked into getting a uterine ablation?
dolphinlover325
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would give time for yourself and do something good for yourself.
mommymendenhall
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Huh. That's interesting.
No my Dr said it was all normal. So I've tried just dealing with it. My mood swings are taking. over. I can't seem to be happy about things. I'm either crying or angry.

Quoting Courtney610: Basically, they burn out the lining of your uterus. For most people, it eliminates their periods, or it drastically lightens them. It's a quick procedure.

Has your doctor done an internal exam and ultrasound, just to double check that there's nothing out of the ordinary? I had extreme issues, and it turns out my uterus was enlarged due to many fibroids, and I had Endo. While my issues weren't common for women in their 20's, it's worth looking into.

Quoting mommymendenhall: What's that?

mommymendenhall
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I will most definitely try that again.

Quoting Mandallyn: It really takes a LOT of time to learn how to deal with it without medication. It takes a LOT of practice to let go of those feelings. This last period I couldn't stop crying. Just kept going for days... ugh...

If you take up knitting and make something for you lo she may let you be just because she knows your making something for her. My kids do, they love knowing I'm making something special just for them.

I also listen to music that makes me feel uplifted and happier. It really helps to take my mind off how I feel.

It's hard, just keep trying to work through it, but don't get caught up in it if you aren't coping as well one cycle as the last. That could make you feel worse and you swings worse. Hopefully someone will better coping strategies.

Quoting mommymendenhall: I would love to read or knit but my kids tend to always interrupt me the second I pick it up. I take tylenol for my cramps and headache but to no avail. My dh also pointed it out to me as well as my 7 yo dd. I've then realized that I do get pretty angry. I've tried just about everything. I've tried to take a few seconds to just breathe before I respond. I walk my dog daily by myself. I can't take antidepressents bc I have very adverse reactions to them. I feel lost with it all and my ob says it's mostly normal. I think not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN