Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is on her 4th boyfriend in 4 years. She ALWAYS introduces them as "grandpa" to my kids, which I have to correct. Her new boyfriend is creepy. Like really creepy. She brought him to meet me at my sons 5th bday party, without asking. I was really disturbed by him and so glad they left almost as soon as they got there (my sister had a terrible car accident, but she's okay). He makes me so uncomfortable I checked him on Megans List!

I told my mom that he makes both DH and me uncomfortable, and we don't want him around our kids. She was offended! She's only been with this guy 4 months and he HAS to come to Christmas and Thanksgiving? Really? So she told me he's coming to Christmas and I have to deal. So, DH and I told her we won't be there if he is.

She called my Dad! And complained that I was inventing things to get a "get out of moms house free card" (because it's ALWAYS got to be about her, right?). Dad asked me, I told him what's up and he agrees with me!

So I've been trying to contact her to arrange another time to celebrate Christmas without him there... she refuses to answer my calls, call me back, and sent a text when I tried to call her at work (family business) that she would call me after she got off..... then never did, and didnt answer when I called again.

Should I just let her stew or keep trying to call her?

(BTW I'm not the only one who finds him creepy. My sister and her boyfriend were so uncomfortable that when mom brought him to meet their new baby after only 1 month dating him!! They had their older kids girl12 and boy5 sleep in their room with them and locked the door!! So it's not just me!!)
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Replies (11-11):
MelissaBabeh14
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Yea I would just leave her alone! You are her daughter and if she can't respect how you guys feel then tough shit on her part! I wouldn't go either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)