Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Sometimes...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 1 Replies
I get really jealous of my boyfriend because it always seems like he gets to go out and have fun. I know we have a son and obviously someone has to be there to watch him, but my boyfriend will seriously be gone from the house all day and night if he could. He says he doesn't like "being stuck in the house". Well nor do I. I know it's different because I'm the mom, but still. Not once in the 2 years of our sons life has my boyfriend stayed home while I went out. I don't know. I just get Moody when he's away all the time and he always yells at me for feeling this way. Am I in the wrong?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM

It's completely normal to feel like he's having all the fun while you're doing all the parenting. Have you sat him down and explained to him why you feel the way you do? Let him know that maybe once or twice a month you would like him to stay home with your son while you go out to a movie, or dinner, or just go walk around the mall. Something to get you out of the house and some other adult interaction. Just let him know that the feeling he gets when he's stuck in the house is the same feeling you're having, if you associate his feelings to yours, he's probably more likely to understand what you mean. Best of luck, mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN