Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knocked it out the park!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

All grades are in....a 4.0!!! I am SOOOO proud of myself.

As some of you may know, I spent the earlier part of the year finishing up a degree while house hunting and pregnant.  In some crazy whirlwind of events this summer, I graduated, then closed on a house, moved in, had a baby shower, and had a baby all in the same weekend.

I questioned my decision to start grad school this year. In addition to those events, my husband received a major promotion and is a managing chef at a high-volume restaurant here in DC. So this means that after working a full day at the law firm, I'm rushing to pick up my infant and my third-grader at 5 p.m., shuttling the third grader to all his extra-curriculars, helping him with homeworking, and morphing into a domestic goddess for the remainder of the evening ALONE! After the kids finally get to bed, then I have to study, research, work on case studies and write papers before getting myself to bed, usually around 1 or 2 a.m. then jumping right back up at 5:30 a.m.

I literally don't know how I'm doing it! BUT I persevered, and it has paid off. I used to hear stories about people working so many jobs and wearing so many hats and would wonder, how is the even possible. I know now that it is possible and that I can do it!

I absolutely could not have done it without the help of my parents, my husband, and many of you that have cheered me on along the way. I am so so grateful!!!

I won't be so enthusiastic when the semester starts in the spring, but I will enjoy this almost two-month break. I have missed just lounging around with my boys and visiting with my sisters. I actually watched a whole tv show this weekend; it's been that bad lately :-)

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Congrats! That's a lot to balance, but you're certainly capable :) How many more semesters do you have left?

ikesmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm doing a dual degree MS in Enviro Managment and a MBA. This is my first, so I have seven left.

Quoting mrsniebo:

Congrats! That's a lot to balance, but you're certainly capable :) How many more semesters do you have left?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)