Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

6 year olds last Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
I've Adopted a CASA family for Christmas, its a single mother with 6 and 4 year old sons. The 6 year old has terminal cancer and this is expected to be his last Christmas. What gifts could I give this little boy to make it extra special?
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I wonder if he has his own digital camera that he can document his adventures with. That would be awesome for him and for his family after he is gone. Should be able to find a pretty nice one for a decent price these days.
9angel9
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

What ever he wants and extra extra love take him places he will enjoy:) I am so sorry to hear that but hey God can make miracles happen so give him as much love and encouragement as possible.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Fantastic idea!!!

I'd add perhaps gift cards to local places he might enjoy (museum, zoo, etc)

Quoting esox: I wonder if he has his own digital camera that he can document his adventures with. That would be awesome for him and for his family after he is gone. Should be able to find a pretty nice one for a decent price these days.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I also agree that this is a wonderful idea. :) Thank you for adopting this sweet child. :) We will pray that he stays with us a little longer. praying

Quoting MamaPeanut: Fantastic idea!!!

Quoting esox: I wonder if he has his own digital camera that he can document his adventures with. That would be awesome for him and for his family after he is gone. Should be able to find a pretty nice one for a decent price these days.

tabby21
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM

i agree!!

Quoting mama2b100808:

I also agree that this is a wonderful idea. :) Thank you for adopting this sweet child. :) We will pray that he stays with us a little longer. praying

Quoting MamaPeanut: Fantastic idea!!!

H-P-AngelBaby
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I LOVE this idea! These are all great ideas. Thank you guys so much. I pray I can really make this little boys Christmas.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Awww, that is so sad, but wonderful of you to adopt this family for Christmas! I love the digital camera idea and maybe even a video camera or a digital camera that also takes video.
I would also make sure you get lots of SD cards for them to put the pics on, and maybe a giftcard to walmart so that they could get some pics printed and use the giftcard for that (or whatever else they might need).

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:03 PM

video games, collectibles, dress up costumes.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM
This is breaking my heart. Anything to build memories. I really like the idea of a camera.
boppysmom2007
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I would defitly do the digital camara pass to the zoo for the day the aquarium space station if there is one a pass to the farm anything he and his family can make memories and then love ans prayers lots of love
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN