Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

vitamin drops QUESTION

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
OK, i was told by my dds doc. That breast milk doesn't produce Vitamin D. So they gave me some V. Drops for my dd. I really don't feel comfortable giving her any kinds of meds. Anyone give their infant V. Drops? Any side affects?
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I was told the same thing, but didn't agree. I never used the vitamin d drops, and instead added more Vitamin D rich foods to my diet, and took an over-the-counter vitamin D supplement for myself to ensure I (and thus my milk) wasn't Vitamin D deficient, and took my son outside to get sunlight for 15 minutes a day in his diaper only. I don't like giving supplements to babies, though, so it's a choice only you can really make.

dolphinlover325
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I never heard of that
angelchewning
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

my pedi told me to give them also for that reason and I did use them. I figured I take vitamins, why shouldnt he? but like sarabeth said adding lots of D to your diet and giving baby some sunlight will acheive the same thing.

tabby21
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

when peanut was born 6 weeks early when he came home at a month old the hospital told me i had to give him iron drops....that lasted a whole week.....he couldnt digest it....so when i went to the doc i told her i was not going to keep giving it to him....it ended up fixing its self and now his iron is good!!

TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't. we went outside. there is a reason that our bodies produce vitamin d.

SaraBethKY
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We didn't really use them (mostly because we just kept forgetting haha) and my husband is an upper level Internal Medicine and Pediactrics resident physician haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)