Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Christmas Tradition's.. Does your family have any?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

The only tradition I had with my oldest son was he got to open 1 present on Christmas Eve.

This year since my youngest is 1 year old I have been thinking a lot about traditions.

One tradition I plan to keep doing, we just finished doing it is decorating stockings
heres a photo..

I plan to do that every year have them decorate one, of course I will do the youngest ones till he can do it himself, then give them their stockings when they go to move out.

I also wanna start doing a photo of the kids in matching pjs in front of the Christmas tree.. which I am gonna do this weekend.

I have always tried to do the watching Christmas movies together, I love to watch the 25 days of Christmas on ABC Family, but my oldest son who is 7 just isnt into half the Christmas movies and dont wanna watch them

So what are some of your family traditions you like to do on Christmas?

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
grassygreen
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM
A few days before Christmas the kids put on their PJs and slippers, eat popcorn and drink hot chocolate as we drive around looking at Christmas lights.

Every year we make sugar cookies for Santa and decorate them on Christmas eve. Plus we have a baking day where we bake a bunch of different cookies.

Santa brings them a new ornament in their stocking every year.

That's all I can think of right now lol

virgoariesmama
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

We have several we back cookies christmas eve, they get a gift a piece christmas eve, we read twas the night before christmas, make raindeer food with glitter and oats, and before bedtime we put peppermint disks out and I tell them that when the raindeer fly over the grass their magic falls off and from the pepper mints grows candy cains so when they are in bed I take and pick up the pepper mints and place candy cains in the ground to make it look like they grew from the magic and I will also sweep up most of the riandeer food and throw it away so my girls think they ate it

Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I didn't grow up with any, but that's why they are so important to my little family.

We now have many traditions. We donate to our favorite charities, visit our favorite local holiday places. On Christmas Eve, my boys each get a new set of Jammie's, we read ,'Twas the night before christmas'. And a few other little traditions.

I LOVE this time of year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN