Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you go through toys BEFORE The holidays?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
Does anyone else do a "purge" of their children's rooms before the holidays?

To go through and toss broken toys, donate outgrown ones, and organize in preparation for the new items?

I've made a habit every year of going through each child's room before Christmas. It's a good time to do a total clean, organize, and get rid of what isn't needed or used anymore.
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I do through the year, but the quantity is usually greater around Christmas. I LOVE the services that pick up donations at my house, it makes it so easy.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I also do a purge around June as well. :)
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I absolutely agree!

If I did not force her to be ok board with me, I swear Riley would be a hoarder.

She tried to convince me she needed to keep a broken Polly Pocket doll with 1 leg because "he was attacked by a shark- and survived."

Quoting Simple-Beauty: I do through the year, but the quantity is usually greater around Christmas. I LOVE the services that pick up donations at my house, it makes it so easy.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Yep, my son has way too many toys. I also plan on temporarily putting away a lot of the ones that we're not getting rid of, just to have more room for his new toys.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I usually do it after, when the kids are at school.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM
I agree.

I put many of the baby toys that he has outgrown in storage bins in the attic.

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Yep, my son has way too many toys. I also plan on temporarily putting away a lot of the ones that we're not getting rid of, just to have more room for his new toys.

crochetmom07
by Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I do. The boys birthdays are right before Christmas, so to make room for the new toys from birthdays and Christmas, I have to go through them and get rid of a lot of them.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually do but after she gets her new stuff and back to school I am going to have to get the toddler age toys out of there.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd doesn't have that many toys yet but we will probably start to do this next year. The purple heart is doing a pick up in our area January 8th so we are getting whatever we can together for that though. Old clothes, toiletries I have from coupons, things like that.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Same here.
My ds's b day is 11-7 and my dd is 12-17.

Quoting crochetmom07: I do. The boys birthdays are right before Christmas, so to make room for the new toys from birthdays and Christmas, I have to go through them and get rid of a lot of them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)