Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

uh oh iud!

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 27 Replies
So i was checking the string tonight (like I do weekly), and noticed it felt really long. Well as i followed it to my cervix I realized that I could feel a hard plastic part coming out. Assuming my iud. I told my dh and he very sarcastically said "wonderful", not in the good way of course. I know i gotta call the dr, but thinking that i am having possible allergies to it (yes i know its exteremly rare). I want another, but dh said hes not ready.

So I am wondering what other types of bc are out there. I know depo, iuds, pill implanon, paych, and nuva ring. Is there anything else i can look at or is that all there is.
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM

can't get pregnant if you don't have sex.

brock2k10
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM

my first iud did that and I just pulled it out. Got the second one and had a lot of health problems with it, so got it removed. Now im 2 years with out one and also BC free. We use the pull out method.

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:49 AM

...Is there something in the IUD waters?!?!?! Sheesh. On the 12th of this month, I went to check my strings, and tada! There's my friggen IUD in my hand, after three years of having it sit perfectly still and content in my uterus. ): At least it wasn't just me. Well, SO wants another baby, and I wasn't ready, but I better get ready soon! =O Back to your question. Depo gave me cervical cancer. Here's a link to planned parenthood, it's a chart of all Birth Controls and their "effectiveness". http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-effectiveness-chart-22710.htm

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Pull out method doesn't work. lol It isn't a BC. That is how I got pregnant the very first time but miscarriage. I have tried about every bc out there and none of them seem to work. I stop taking them. I also got cervical cancer from the depo too.

aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
You will hear horry sstories about all Bc. They aren't a one size fits all. Everybody is different, and sometimes you have too try different things.

I got the mirena at my6. Week appt. In nov it feel out. Got a new one, and it's been five years. I love it. I need to make an appt to get it out lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM

there is a problem with that chart. breast feeding is NOT effective at all I should know my brother was a product of that. My mom was breast feeding me I wasn't even 6 months when she found out she was 2 months preggers with my brother.

Quoting Serabeth06:

...Is there something in the IUD waters?!?!?! Sheesh. On the 12th of this month, I went to check my strings, and tada! There's my friggen IUD in my hand, after three years of having it sit perfectly still and content in my uterus. ): At least it wasn't just me. Well, SO wants another baby, and I wasn't ready, but I better get ready soon! =O Back to your question. Depo gave me cervical cancer. Here's a link to planned parenthood, it's a chart of all Birth Controls and their "effectiveness". http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/birth-control-effectiveness-chart-22710.htm

crochetmom07
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Depo is horrible. I only used it for about six months and my body was seriously screwed up for five years. I only had a period 2-4 times a year after I got off of it.
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
He wont touch me anyways until its figured out

Quoting TempestRayne:

can't get pregnant if you don't have sex.

twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Pull out wont work for is unfortunently (i enjoy the feeling of him cuming inside me, tmi)

Quoting brock2k10:

my first iud did that and I just pulled it out. Got the second one and had a lot of health problems with it, so got it removed. Now im 2 years with out one and also BC free. We use the pull out method.

twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I refuse to try depo. I had a close friend get pregnant on it and one thing led to anotger and in the end she had to get a hysterechtomy (sp)

Quoting mama2b100808:

Pull out method doesn't work. lol It isn't a BC. That is how I got pregnant the very first time but miscarriage. I have tried about every bc out there and none of them seem to work. I stop taking them. I also got cervical cancer from the depo too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)