Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Seeing pregnant women smoking

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM
  • 26 Replies
I was at the grocery store and two women were pregnant, they looked like they were about due and they were SMOKING! Why would people do that! :/
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Pure selfishness. They are either ignorant about the thousands of toxic chemicals tobacco companies put in cigarettes (I.E. the same stuff in toilet cleaner, battery acid, jet fuel, enbalming fluid, I could go on...) that can cross the placenta to the baby, or they just don't care. Either way, I just feel sorry for the babies.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Some just don't care. I quit like a month before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I was just lucky when I found out I was only 2 weeks pregnant. Now I have a healthy 5 year old girl. And I have not picked it back up since I quit. :)

RheaF
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this
It makes me sick to be honest. When I miscarried, I was leaving the ER and there was a very pregnant woman outside smoking. It took everything I had left in me not to pull over and shake her, and scream that her child is worth more than that.
erin708
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My friends do that. They both quit during their pregnancies"ike half way through) and started back up. Its so awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
It makes me angry and sad to see it.

I'll never understand how someone can deliberately hurt their child like that.
It's purely selfish and their is no excuse on earth for it.
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Its dangerous and could make the Babies have a serious problem. I agree it's very sad and selfishness

Quoting Serabeth06:

Pure selfishness. They are either ignorant about the thousands of toxic chemicals tobacco companies put in cigarettes (I.E. the same stuff in toilet cleaner, battery acid, jet fuel, enbalming fluid, I could go on...) that can cross the placenta to the baby, or they just don't care. Either way, I just feel sorry for the babies.

roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I see it all the time. It disgusts me to see a person smoke anyway, but to smoke while pregnant makes me lose all respect I could possibly have with the girl. Even my cousins do this and I hate it. But too many people don't see the baby as a baby until it is born so they just don't care.

danigirlglow
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Its their body and their choice. I don't agree with it, but that doesn't mean anyone should stop them.
danigirlglow
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
You found out at two weeks that you were pregnant?

Quoting mama2b100808:

Some just don't care. I quit like a month before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I was just lucky when I found out I was only 2 weeks pregnant. Now I have a healthy 5 year old girl. And I have not picked it back up since I quit. :)

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Pregnant or not for me even the smell of smoke makes me want to puke.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)