Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hiya all need help :)

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
O my days I'm like besides myself. I'm hosting for my in laws and their relative not like dinner but just snacks and chit chat, when I tell you I've never hosted apart from good friends which I don't necessarily call hosting anyways never done it . What I'm I suppose to buy, I know the house needs to look spotless they'll have their eye on EVERYTHING when I mean everything I literally mean it. So please if you guys could suggest something, when I get all jumpy and nervous I tend to forget things. Any ways would appreciate any advice thanks a bunch you guys. :)
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

do you just little snacks, like crackers and cheese?  If you want to go more fancy or impressive(I would) you could do easy finger foods---stuffed mushrooms, fried shrimp, pigs in a blanket, sausage rolls, sliders, veggies and dip, skewers of meat. Meat and fruit fondue is fun and everyone does it themselves.  Depends on what you want.  Make sure you have guest towels in the bathroom and some liquid soap, make sure you have a full roll of toilet paper there.  Have coffee, tea and some cold beverages.  If you are getting wine make sure the ones that are to be chilled are chilling.  The easiest plates would be festive paper, but if you dont want to do that, get the good stuff out and have it ready.  No matter what you serve I would make it buffet style and you just need to refill.

Jaz122
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Thanks that's really helpful but we don't drink wine nor pork strictly halal
lil_momma1411
by Ashley on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Maybe some crackers and dip or make sandwiches and cut them into small finger sandwiches. Pigs in a blanket. Your hubby probably knows what his parents like maybe ask him for a few suggestions. Sorry I'm not much help my in laws are always the ones doing the hosting's
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i am not sure what is allowed in halal but for the pigs in the blanket you can change it to turkey sausage in the blanket.  I dont drink either but we have sparkling apple cider that is non alcholic and very tasty.

Quoting Jaz122: Thanks that's really helpful but we don't drink wine nor pork strictly halal

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM

How are things goin?

Jaz122
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Well I was freaking out quite a bit so my hubby took them to a restaurant. Thank god!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)