Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new need help!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM
  • 4 Replies

so here's the thing, i'm 24 yrs old, never been pregnant. i'm in a commited relationship, and dont judge me please, i always have unprotected sex. honestly i don't take birth control too seriously with my partner because i never have gotten pregnant, i honestly have come to believe i am barren. so i have a history of mental illness, and have spent most of life depressed and miserable. some people told me one reason i might never get pregnant is because the extreme emotional state i am always in. well i recently found out i might be an alcoholic, so i joined alcoholics anonymous. i started the twelve steps and apply those prinicples to my life very passionately. so, since late september this year, i have been sober and my life and mental state has improved drastically. i am no longer suicidal and extremely depressed everyday, i have been generally happy, carefree and had peace of mind for 3 motnhs now, for the first time in my life since childhood. so i had unprotected sex again earlier this month, and the thought occured to me, almost like a joke in my head, lol i hope i don't get pregnant now that im not im happy and not miserable. well, i didnt really think too much into that thought, and also last night i had a dream i was pregnant. so here are my symptoms: first i'd like to say that i had sex the day after my period ended last which was like the end of november/early december, and suddenly last week i started bleeding, even though i just finished my period, but its not like a normal flow, its spotting, and some blood on the toilet paper but not xonstantly, maybe a few hours thn it stops then starts again, today i didnt bleed at all so i thought it was done but it just started again, it doesnt get on the pad, but twice there was a sudden rush of blood staining my undies a little bit like maybe an inch in diameter. also, i have been having frequent headaches for a week-2weeks, along with back aches, and for the past 3 days straight severe lower back pain, that hurts when i try to bend, also i have cramps, but not all day, just here and there, i feel fatigue, and also in the past few weeks i've gained 5 or ten pounds, even though i've had a consistent weight now for 2 years. also bit kinda moody, and been craving sweets constantly. my question is would pregnancy cause this or something else?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LoveJoy9563
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Rule number one with any question about being pregnant: Go get an over the counter test then schedule to see a gynecologist regardless of the results to double check!

Hope all works out for you

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Kinda sounds like you are pregnant because that is some of the things I noticed when I found out. But go get a test (make sure you get the ones that say pregnant or not) To me those work a lot better. After those test you need to make appointment to see your gyn or family doctor to get a blood test of whatever else you need to be looked at for.

P.s. I think you are doing great with your life now. So keep it up! And if a baby does get added remember you are bring a special part of you in the world. Also Welcome to the group. :)

pinkfairy0206
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep up with the program. Don't stop going even if you are pregnant. I grew up with an alcoholic father and m childhood was hell. I hope if you are you stay sober #1 for you but for your child. Get a test or got to ob.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
You could be pregnant. You won't know unless you take a test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)