• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad News about An Old Friend

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm not if I've posted about this before but... I had found out some sad news about an old friend of mine. I knew this girl about 2 years ago. We connected because we had kids and were single parents. Our sons were 2 months about. She also had a daughter who was 2 and half. The more we hung out, the more I realized this girl had serious issues. She was barely making ends meet, lived with her parents and was always stressed out.

I tried to help her. But I couldn't help not feel sorry. Both her kids had the same deadbeat dad, in fact, she had suspected he beat her daughter. They broke up and in that year, he had 2 kids with 2 other women. Then she went back to him and got pregnant with her son. It was a bad situation all around. Eventually I told her how I felt. That she is the reason she hates her life. She out herself into that mess. Well we stopped being friends after that.

Recently I found her mom on facebook. Her mom and stepdad ended up moving to Virginia...with her kids. Plus her third child. She had another kid. In all the pictures her mom posted of the kids,I didnt see my friend. Turns out no one knows where she is. She just disappeared. It was very upsetting to see that. My friend abandonded her kids. I shoukd of seen that. When I knew her, she was so miserable. I'm just so glad her mom took those kids in and is giving them a normal life,

Sorru this post was so long. Just had to get it out.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow. That's so sad for her kids.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Awww I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she comes too and realizes she is a mom and she needs to get back to her kids after she gets the help she needs.

StarryRain
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that... My heart goes out to her children.
3againstitall
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM
She was trying to be a good mom. I think she just needed a lot of help dealing with things. Seeing the kids in those recent pictures felt good. They looked much happier.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I am so glad the kids are happier than they was. Yeah I know what you mean. I still hope she gets the help she needs.

Quoting 3againstitall: She was trying to be a good mom. I think she just needed a lot of help dealing with things. Seeing the kids in those recent pictures felt good. They looked much happier.

rstuart66
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Some people just arent ready for kids, especially three.  Hopefully she will resurface and try to be part of their life.  

lovemymini
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
So she for sure abandoned them or is she missing?
3againstitall
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:55 PM
According to her mother, she left. Never looked back

Quoting lovemymini: So she for sure abandoned them or is she missing?
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM
So sad.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:36 PM

So awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)