Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you work from home?!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 23 Replies

If you work from home, what do you do? What did you have to do to be able to work from home?! 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Don't work from home. I am a sahm. :)

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM

No, but I know of a few work from home things in our area. Paypal is hiring Work at Home customer service through the call center I used to work at, and all you have to do is attend their 6 week training course. To do medical billing from home, which is what I want to do but haven't yet, you have to be professionally certified, (Costing about $700), and have in-office/hospital experience. I know some who just open their own coding business, and work from home that way, but you take on all the expenses of licensure, bonding, insurance, training, etc etc. Some moms blog from home for sites like Hubpages.com, but I've read that that doesn't start paying until you've written over 100 800+ word hubs for people to read.

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Yeah I heard you can do really well if you open your coding business. Do you have any information on that?

Quoting Serabeth06:

No, but I know of a few work from home things in our area. Paypal is hiring Work at Home customer service through the call center I used to work at, and all you have to do is attend their 6 week training course. To do medical billing from home, which is what I want to do but haven't yet, you have to be professionally certified, (Costing about $700), and have in-office/hospital experience. I know some who just open their own coding business, and work from home that way, but you take on all the expenses of licensure, bonding, insurance, training, etc etc. Some moms blog from home for sites like Hubpages.com, but I've read that that doesn't start paying until you've written over 100 800+ word hubs for people to read.

StarryRain
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I work from home when I can't make it into work itself, but that's wholly because 98% of my job involves emails, calling clients, etc. I have a very understanding boss.

Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I work from home as network engineer. Only when I'm sick or like this week when the company I work for is doing a company shut down. (:
We are only doing half days and I'm just filling in or helping out my minion.

It's been nice but my paycheck won't agree, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yellow14
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
My work is my home :) I work 24/7, no breaks,no pay, work holidays lol I'm a sahm
ParanormalSarah
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I don't make NEAR enough as I did working in the field but I work from home as a therapist, author and voice actress (hence the three part time jobs to make up for a half of my full time pay).  Voice acting is like 30 bucks a week, my books are 6 month stipends and clients come on referral basis and I make around 100 a month with those sessions.

FoxTales
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I teach piano at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I got a certificate in claims and billing from US Career Institute a few years ago, they have a lot of resources and information about opening a business in addition to learning how to do the coding. As far as opening a business goes, it depends on what state you live in as to what laws are in place for opening a new business. You'd need to know the laws for opening a business, naming it, I know you have to notarize documents for the courts to become a real business. You could also check with professional organizations for resources, coding books, guides, and help. AAPC has an open thread about it. http://www.aapc.com/memberarea/forums/showthread.php?t=51619 I know you'd have toi be prepared financially, be ready to jump into the marketing, etc.

Quoting BlessedAgain3: Yeah I heard you can do really well if you open your coding business. Do you have any information on that?

Quoting Serabeth06:

JeromaFlowers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I wish I work from home. I'm a mental health worker (paraprofessional). Juggling three kids, a high deman mental job, a husband and school is killing me. I was recently diagnosed with depression due to this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN