• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just unsatisfied

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am unsatisfied with my life.
For many reasons.
I'm finally wishing that I could do spontaneous things with my life. I wish I could just pack up and move off somewhere new, and do things that I love.
Like most of you know, I'm a young mom who is newly married to my sons step dad. So my options of packing up is limited.
I live in a very small town, and I've never pictured my life here. However, my husband would love to never move.
I guess, in my mind, I've sacrificed so much for my son (which I'm not complaining about). But I would love to choose something for myself and my son.
I am still in school, and I have a lot of unnecessary stress. I have two jobs, and a lot of newly married responsibilities. My husband and I didn't date for very long before we got married, and lately I've been feeling like we jumped in too fast. Neither of us are the same person that we were before we got married. He seems very controlling all of a sudden, and I've recently been feeling trapped and held back from living my life.
Honestly, I'm just writing out my feelings. I'm not trying to dog my husband or my marriage. I'm just trying to get out all of my feelings, and maybe get some friendly advice!
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RUMyMummy
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Why did you get married? You might need to start counting blessings and reminding yourself of why you built this life. None of it was by accident, all of it was a choice. Start embracing the choices you've made.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I think you both need to sit down and have a talk. There is something there and it is the reason why you got married. You need to find it again. :) You also need to tell him how you feel so he understands and maybe back off a little with the controlling. 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:29 PM
I am sorry you are unhappy.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hugs. I've been there before with wanting a fresh start. Unfortunately it's not that easy in a relationship or marriage. I'd suggest talking to your husband about what your feeling and see where he stands... You never know he might be more flexible then you think. good luck hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)