Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting in shape after baby..

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 0 Replies

When I had my daughter 6 1/2 years ago I'll admit, I lost some weight but I didn't really try to get back in shape like I should have.. all the typical excuses that were and still are valid in my mind..single mom, working, taking  care of a baby....no energy and completely drained all the time!

THIS time around however I AM getting in shape! I've gained about 20-25 pounds this pregnancy and weigh about the same as I did full term with my first, I'm 36 weeks. 

My question to you is, when do you plan on working out and getting back in shape? Did you with your first? I've looked up information and they say you should wait at least 6 weeks before beginning to workout or have sex and get an OK with your doctor before hand. 

I was just wondering if most women actually waited that long and how and if breastfeeding will interfere/work with starting to workout and get back in shape. I want to breast feed and get in shape, but I won't sacrifice getting in shape before I've breastfed for a few months...

Thanks! :)

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)