Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you think if your SO got this text?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 80 Replies

If some random number that you don't know and your SO says he doesn't know either texted your SO's phone at 8 o'clock at night and said "im pregnant", what would you think? Would you automatically assume he is cheating? 

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberlynn2010
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I would go into nija mode and snoop. But then again this "joke" is really in right now meaning people are doing this on purpose ! To either get back at you. Do you have enemines !!
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Nah.

If think it was a wrong number or a prank.

I trust Dh would not cheat.

In any case, he had a vasectomy, so...lol
Courtney610
by Courtney on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Haha, same.

Quoting MamaPeanut: Nah.

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I got a random text from a random number that I didn't know talking about how awesome my ass was the night before. o_O I texted it back and said, "I don't know you, never text this number again." Got a response of "Oops, Sorry." So, I'd assume it was a mistake/prank first.

esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have just laughed and texted back the number for a clinic. I received a random text today that said "Butt dialed! Sorry!" my phone had never rang and I didn't recognize the number so I just texted back "Butt text? My phone never rang." 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Ohh I didn't know this was an in joke going around, people are really stupid to think this is funny. My df and I both know it was a prank, cuz we know where each other is 24/7 and I trust him... but this "joke" could really tear some relationships apart. 

Quoting Amberlynn2010: I would go into nija mode and snoop. But then again this "joke" is really in right now meaning people are doing this on purpose ! To either get back at you. Do you have enemines !!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'm sure you can guess that my df got this text... it was a couple nights ago. We know it was a prank now, but I will admit, it made me question him for just a second. We know where each other is 24/7 though, and I know that he does not have the time to cheat on me... when he isn't home, he is at work. It really pisses me off that people think this kind of a prank is funny though, I don't know what is wrong with people. 

Quoting MamaPeanut: Nah.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Wow! I'm so glad that people have so much time on their hands for these stupid pranks. My df got a text that said "im pregnant" the other night, and after texting them back we know it was a prank. But it is still annoying and I could see how this could easily tear some relationships apart :/. 

Quoting Serabeth06:

I got a random text from a random number that I didn't know talking about how awesome my ass was the night before. o_O I texted it back and said, "I don't know you, never text this number again." Got a response of "Oops, Sorry." So, I'd assume it was a mistake/prank first.

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd text back "Guinness book of records here I come! First woman to get someone else pregnant!! Does this mean I'm the mom or the dad?"
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:04 PM

That's weird that your phone never rang for the supposed butt dial. And yeah we texted back saying they had the wrong number and they were like "why do you say tht" and we asked for their name and they said "Caity"... then asked them who they thought they texted and they said "idk! dude".... so if they don't even know the name of the person they're texting that is supposed to be their baby daddy then they're an idiot. 

I memorized the number and texted them from my phone the next day and I said that I found the number in my phone and didn't know who it was... they said Makayla... and I was like "Oh, I thought this was Caity" hahaha. They didn't text either of us anymore...

Quoting esox:

I would have just laughed and texted back the number for a clinic. I received a random text today that said "Butt dialed! Sorry!" my phone had never rang and I didn't recognize the number so I just texted back "Butt text? My phone never rang." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)