Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Showing up unannounced

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just had some acquiantances of ours show up completely unexpected.  

I was expecting a nice quiet day today.  I had to work this morning a bit but thankfully I was able to do it at home.  I was just pouring my second cup of coffee when I hear a knock at the front door.  I answered and there they were smiling.  They wanted to drop by to wish us a happy holidays.  It's called text message, facebook or a phone call people!  You don't just show up unannounced!  They were here for almost 2 hours.  Not only did that take away from our regular schedule but it also set LO's nap time off.  

Do you show up unannounced?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/119769

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM

ugh i hate that! i kindly say "i'm glad we were home and didn't miss u....please give us a heads up next time" and the response is always "ok no problem"

mommaashley91
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

No one really shows up at our house unannounced but DH's friend just calls and invites himself over all the time. I don't have a problem with him but when he brings his kids with him is when I start to get angry. They don't behave and tear my house up. My deal is that he doesn't even say anything! I don't care if your kids misbehave and mess stuff up just don't let em do it in other people's houses!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I don't mind. But I always let people know if I am coming over.
tabby21
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

i do not! i do no like it because with a little baby my house is always destroyed and looks like we NEVER clean.....and we clean everyday! i always shoot a text 'hey you busy? or wanna get together?' before we just show up!

roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I do at my grandparents' house (which is next door) as well as my inlaws' but that is because my grandparents expect to see my kids at least once a day. As for my inlaws, they know that when my DH is on his days off we will probably show up. They don't have service for their phone where they live, so it would be impossible to call them anyway.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I don't mind it at all we don't usually get company unless it is my in laws. Plus my daughter doesn't nap so it is fine with me. lol

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

No, I'd never go to someone's house without asking. The only people we've had show up at my house unannounced were family members, who don't care if our house is a wreck or we put our kids down for naps while they're here (even if I care. x.x.)

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I try to call first, and i don't often answer the door if I don't expect someone.
MommyOfOnee
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM
I don't ever drop in unannounced, it drives me nuts when people show up without calling. We have so much to do most days so when I have a day to relax and hang out in pjs and someone shows up it pisses me right off lol. But I get over it fast, because I love company lol
sburger315
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Never. Even if it's family I call a few hours before just to be safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN