Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ummm christmas presents..... what do I do with this??

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM
  • 26 Replies

My son was given a laptop that is for a 5 year old or older. It is a Tote and Go laptop from VTech. He is 19 months old. I know that these things change fast. My nephew had the new learning laptop that came out 3 yrs ago and now this one is very different than his. I dont know what to do with this thing. I dont want to open and him break it or get frustrated because he is just too little for it. It says ages 3 to 6 but everyone I talked to and through my research it seems like it is just to advanced for a 3 yr old.

*sigh*

Someone tell me what would YOU do with it?

Okay so I took it back to Khols (it had a sticker I feel like a dork LOL) bought him some new sneakers that he needed with the money back. Thank you everyone for the advice!!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I'd take it back to the store it came from and buy a toy my kid can enjoy now, not a couple years from now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymini
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I'd probably return it. If that wasn't an option I'd give it away or save it.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:37 AM

If returning it's not an option, I would put it away. You can buy him a less expensive laptop for his age group. My son has one that he plays with that is from Fisher Price, and is great for his age, because he doesn't have to do anything specific to interact with it. My DD has an Innotab 3, and my DS can't play with it, because he gets frustrated that he can't work the controls like DD does. I'd say it's out of his age group.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I dont even know where the heck my Inlaws got it from :/ they didnt give us a recipt or anything. They just told us to keep it. I'm like uhh this is so far out of his age range it isnt funny. My 19 month old just now started talking talking to where we can understand him.

Quoting Roxygurl: I'd take it back to the store it came from and buy a toy my kid can enjoy now, not a couple years from now.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I didnt even let him see it so I wouldnt have to open the thing. We had this little laptop that was for 6 months old and he just ignores it when we sat it in front of him. He still doesnt want anything to do with it. :/ I feel that my inlaws bought this just because they thought it was cool instead of if he can actually use it

Quoting Serabeth06:

If returning it's not an option, I would put it away. You can buy him a less expensive laptop for his age group. My son has one that he plays with that is from Fisher Price, and is great for his age, because he doesn't have to do anything specific to interact with it. My DD has an Innotab 3, and my DS can't play with it, because he gets frustrated that he can't work the controls like DD does. I'd say it's out of his age group.

Roxygurl
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok I googled it and both target and Walmart sell it but its between 14-19 bucks so IMO its not worth returning. I'd then regift, is there any birthdays coming up in the next 6 months or so?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I have a 3 yr old nephew but he wouldnt play with this . He cant even work a tablet or kindle fire.  So I am at a lost :/

Quoting lovemymini: I'd probably return it. If that wasn't an option I'd give it away or save it.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM

3 yr old next month but he cant work an tablet or kindle fire. I am so frustrated that my inlaws didnt listen when I told them no learning laptops or tablets or anything like this!

Quoting Roxygurl: Ok I googled it and both target and Walmart sell it but its between 14-19 bucks so IMO its not worth returning. I'd then regift, is there any birthdays coming up in the next 6 months or so?

Roxygurl
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Just give it to the 3 yr old and let it be his moms problem :-)

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

3 yr old next month but he cant work an tablet or kindle fire. I am so frustrated that my inlaws didnt listen when I told them no learning laptops or tablets or anything like this!

Quoting Roxygurl: Ok I googled it and both target and Walmart sell it but its between 14-19 bucks so IMO its not worth returning. I'd then regift, is there any birthdays coming up in the next 6 months or so?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM

lol

Quoting Roxygurl: Just give it to the 3 yr old and let it be his moms problem :-)

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN