Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

20, 7 weeks, confused situation. advice?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

i am 20 years old and almost 8 weeks pregnant. i am personally very excited and anxious. my boyfriend has been supportive, although i am starting to feel like my feelings for him are fading. he is not perfect and we have definetly had our ups and downs. my family does not like him. hes been supportive through this but i find myself thinking into things too much and then questiioning our relationship. i want us to work but i dont want to be unhappy. also, my family will be furious when they find out about my pregnancy so he might be all i have. idk what to do. any advice?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Get ready to stand on your own two feet.

Lovemyangels88
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You should do what you feel is best for both you and the baby.  You should not stay in a relationship that you don't want to be in (don't know if you don't want to be, im just saying).  You don't want to be in a situation where you feel stuck and end up regretting it.  Just follow your heart and good luck to you.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I really love this reply! I agree with her. :)

Quoting Lovemyangels88:

You should do what you feel is best for both you and the baby.  You should not stay in a relationship that you don't want to be in (don't know if you don't want to be, im just saying).  You don't want to be in a situation where you feel stuck and end up regretting it.  Just follow your heart and good luck to you.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 

angelchewning
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Why will your parents be furious? I mean, i know you arent married and sometimes thats not an ideal situation for parents to accept, but you MIGHT be surprised how accepting your parents may be. a few other things:

like the PP said FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!! It will never steer you wrong.

keep in mind pregnancy wreaks havoc on hormones. fading feelings could be pregnancy related...I pretty much hated my husband for most of my pregnancy lol even tho he is totally my soulmate and super supportive. Hormones!

the only opinion that matters when it comes to your BF is yours. If YOU love him and YOU want to be with him then thats all that matters.

No matter what happens YOU WILL BE OK! Just love yourself and Love your little baby and everything else will work itself out.

Want2BeAMommy14
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I agree wit all the ladies. Good Luck and Congrats!!!
Jstockwell126
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Hello there, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Personally, I would try to relax and not make any quick decisions. You want to be sure about chosing to stay with your boyfriend, and do not want to break up only to change your mind a week later. I am not sure about the details of your situations, but I would say to take steps toward being independent (getting a job or going back to school) so that you do not feel trapped in a relationship and can make a decision not based on dependency. Also, remember that you are hormonal. It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone who you know who is objective to the situation and won't pressure you to sway one way or another. 

ramita
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM
This, but I want to add being pregnant can make you think weird things. This could actually be just because you're pregnant and over analyzing things. Why not sit down and think about the good things you like about him. Maybe make a pros and cons list about him, and see exactly what it is that's making your feelings decline. If its something specific talk to him about it.

Quoting Lovemyangels88:

jessica4212011
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I agree with everything everyone posted. Ur feels can be hormones related it will pass mine did. As for ur parents, mine didn't like the father of my kids but its my life not theirs, its not like I lived with them that was what saved my ass I think, my dad was mostly furious that we weren't going go get married because I was pregnant.

IrishMama625
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:13 PM

No one is perfect. Even though guys do not have hormonal changes, he has some pressure on him too now. Having a baby makes you think about the future, whether it is a surprise or planned. Just try talking to him about things you are concerned about (but never let a man think you dont think he can handle something!! LOL). And if all fails with talking, blame it on your hormones and his theoretical ones and try talking again. You still have about 7 months to figure this all out and no matter what, the baby will bring you both together. :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM

You have to do what you think is best hun. I do wish you all the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)