Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Age Gap

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
On New Year's Eve, my boyfriend's cousin finally had her baby. A healthy and beautiful girl just an hoipur and half shy of midnight. Unfortunately most of my boyfriend's family has been kept at bay about much of the birth. Her boyfriend is shutting people out and not letting most people talk to her. It's really rubbing her family wrong.

Well a few members of my boyfriend's family and I had dinner. His cousin was telling me how surprised she was at how young the new father's mother acted and looked. She was saying she was near 40 but was slouching and cursing like teenager. We both agreed it must be because her fiancé is much younger. He is the same age as the new father 22.

It hit me last night randomly. The mother we had talked about has a 7 year old with her fiance. I did the math. The fiancé had to be 15 when she got pregnant. I was surprised because the fiancé was her son's friend! No wonder she tries to act so young!
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Oh wow! What she can't find a man that is her age? ouch maybe I shouldn't have said that. My husband is 7 years older than I am.  I am 29 years old and he is 35. But to me he was ready for everything I was. I was ready to settle down, be married and have a family. Well family came first. lol

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM

....Uhm. o_O That's just a little bit gross to me, to have a child by your 15 year old son's friend. The 18 year age difference is odd, but not nearly as wierd as knowing that mom was sleeping with her son's friend. I don't see what they'd have in common with each other. SO and I are 6 years apart, but we are of the same generation, and have a lot of common interests.

mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

wow that's crazy! there's an 8 year age difference in me (24) and DH (32) but it's only noctiable when we talk about music or politics lol! now i know an even worse and more disgusting situation than that....my dad was 30 when he started dating my SM and she was 15! She's only eight years older than me :( and she was a horrible stepmom btw...

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Well, that sounds like an awkward situation...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN