Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Seriously i wasn't going to bring her out of the house looking like that!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

So my daughter got a barbie makeup set for the holidays and today she was playing with it and decided to take some pictures. They where funny since the eye shadow was way to high up on her eyes and it was bright bright pink. I posted them to facebook and out of no where I am getting my family yelling at me that she is too young to wear makeup. Yes she is young but it isnt like i would let her leave the house with it on. I mean all little girls play dress up. Is it really that big of a problem to have your child who is six play with make up inside the house. 

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a barbie makeup set... it's not like she was using real makeup. I remember having "toy" makeup sets too when I was younger. 

pinkiebabii
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM
My son plays with my real makeup sometimes. It is fun and no big deal.
bellasmommy1988
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I explained that to them and they all went crazy on me. I posted the pictures because they where funny since she prettymuch made herself up like a clown lol. I understand friends of mine maybe saying some snid comments but it's my family and they should know i would never let my daughter leave the house in makeup. I used to play with make up at her age as most girls did. I tell her that when she is 12 she can have real make up, but yet my family is still freaking out at that, but my cousin who is 13 has been wearing make up since she was 11 and they dont have a problem with her. 

Quoting k9l1c5:

It is a barbie makeup set... it's not like she was using real makeup. I remember having "toy" makeup sets too when I was younger. 

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM
My daughter is 3 and loves it when I do her hair and makeup and she goes out Waring it. Granted she wares the left over blush from my blush brush and a very pale virtually unnoticeable eyeshadow and chapstick. Lol it's just a bonding thing we do. I see nothing wrong with her being home and playing with it. What negative Nancy's they are being.
bellasmommy1988
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Mostly my brother was the one to start the whole thing. He and I have no relationship really, but trys to butt into my life like he has any say when he knows I want no advice from him since he is almost 30 not married and isnt even a father himself yet he tries and tells me how to be a parent. 

Quoting amberNewman0213: My daughter is 3 and loves it when I do her hair and makeup and she goes out Waring it. Granted she wares the left over blush from my blush brush and a very pale virtually unnoticeable eyeshadow and chapstick. Lol it's just a bonding thing we do. I see nothing wrong with her being home and playing with it. What negative Nancy's they are being.

pinkiebabii
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Then why are you friends on facebook?

Quoting bellasmommy1988:

Mostly my brother was the one to start the whole thing. He and I have no relationship really, but trys to butt into my life like he has any say when he knows I want no advice from him since he is almost 30 not married and isnt even a father himself yet he tries and tells me how to be a parent. 

Quoting amberNewman0213: My daughter is 3 and loves it when I do her hair and makeup and she goes out Waring it. Granted she wares the left over blush from my blush brush and a very pale virtually unnoticeable eyeshadow and chapstick. Lol it's just a bonding thing we do. I see nothing wrong with her being home and playing with it. What negative Nancy's they are being.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Oh yea. We have one of "those" in my family too.

Quoting bellasmommy1988:

littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM
She's 6? Totally fun & normal to play with makeup
I was 4 when I first got play makeup & was allowed to wear it out of the house too.
SkullyDevour
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I would have to agree. I'd delete him. It's your child and your facebook and sounds like you and bro aren't on very good terms anyway. Delete and block him and anyone else who is busy making you question yourself as a mom. You sound like an awesome mom with an awesome sense of humor. You were trying to share a moment that you thought was funny and special and they ruined it by being critical of something that wasn't even that serious. I have zero patience for that. Enjoy your life with your daughter, chica. I'm sure she is having so much fun with you! :)

Quoting pinkiebabii: Then why are you friends on facebook?

Quoting bellasmommy1988:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I don't mind it so much for her to play with but my family doesn't give her make up. I do say make up is for older women, my daughter only wears chap stick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN